TXT Pro 250 2012 - Exp chamber/Silencer

junfan

Hi,

Picked up my brand new 250 yesterday (first trials bike - absolutely loving it!!) - was just wondering whether you can get different/uprated expansion chambers and silencers for these? I've seen an exp chamber made by Thor - do they give different characteristics to the bike - on all my Enduro/Motocross bikes I have changed the expansion chamber (headers) and silencers and it improves the bikes no end....just wondered if it was the same with trials bikes!

Thanks

Rob

Welcome to the trials fraternity, I hope you enjoy your new toy.

In my humble opinion, any modern trials bike will out perform 95% of its riders. Aftermarket goodies are available in the form of exhausts, shocks etc, but as you are new to trials I would suggest that at this stage you probably would neither notice the difference nor benefit from it. Unlike motorX, trials is less machinery dependant and more focussed on rider ability.

Keep your money in your pocket for now, get the feel of the bike and get some events under your belt. When you are at trials talk to other riders with the same machinery and see what mods/ improvements they have done and you will be able to make a judgement as to what will best help you improve your bike to suit you

In my humble opinion, any modern trials bike will out perform 95% of its riders. Aftermarket goodies are available in the form of exhausts, shocks etc, but as you are new to trials I would suggest that at this stage you probably would neither notice the difference nor benefit from it. Unlike motorX, trials is less machinery dependant and more focussed on rider ability.

Keep your money in your pocket for now, get the feel of the bike and get some events under your belt. When you are at trials talk to other riders with the same machinery and see what mods/ improvements they have done and you will be able to make a judgement as to what will best help you improve your bike to suit you

Agreed,

The best investment you can make(IMHO)at the moment is to spend your money on petrol i.e. peg-time.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

Agreed,

The best investment you can make(IMHO)at the moment is to spend your money on petrol and pre-mix i.e. peg-time.

Enjoy. :thumbup:

First I'd make sure you can ride what you have. Many riders spin up lose traction and stop because they use too much power. Concentrate on getting your right hand under control and getting the best out of the bike. It's all about having the right amount of throttle at the right time. To do that you also need to get the bike balanced and at the right angles in a section. I'd say make sure the bits you are touching, pegs, bars grips and airbox feel "right". Adjust, get different bars, levers, grips and pegs if they don't feel right. Then get working on riding. Adjust things until you are comfy. Ninety percent of riders will never need to change any more than that.

You can "Bling" them up in all sorts of ways. Change the Reservoir tops to match the bike. slap on some Plastic "protection". Most bikes end up on the deck so slapping on some fork and frame guards makes for a worthwhile investment. Then once you are having a good time on the bike and getting the results you like then look at Power and engine and suspension mods.

Generally the Bike you have will have the "short" S3 Titanium pipe. The "Long" pipe "softens" the power and places it down the rev band. You can put different heads and gaskets on the cylinder to change the power delivery. You can "weight" the Flywheel to keep the engine going if you have trouble "stalling" at low revs. The Kehin Carb is good for Smoothing out the Power and increasing it thoughout the rev range. The Best mod is replace the Sachs Shock with an Ohlins or the Reiger because the bike will have more than enough power but the better shocks give better traction and feel.

Edited by Telecat

Hi,

Picked up my brand new 250 yesterday (first trials bike - absolutely loving it!!) - was just wondering whether you can get different/uprated expansion chambers and silencers for these? I've seen an exp chamber made by Thor - do they give different characteristics to the bike - on all my Enduro/Motocross bikes I have changed the expansion chamber (headers) and silencers and it improves the bikes no end....just wondered if it was the same with trials bikes!

Thanks

Rob

Rob,

I always advise new riders with a new bike to save their money but spend their time. Learn how to set up your bike to suit your riding style and go through it to make sure it is in top shape. When your talent and skill level far exceeds the bike's ability, you may then want to look at changes, but then you'll most likely have support and bikes provided for you.

Most of us like to make changes to our bikes to suit our needs, if only just because we like messing about with them (I'm more than guilty of that). All the new bikes are built to such a high level that any changes you make will probably be at a minimal level but first you will need to spend some time on the bike to see what you may want to change.

Jon

Cheers for the replies guys! I have 3 KTMs that I race - anyone that knows KTM will know that you can pretty replace everything with shiny orange goodies! I have no illusions as to my skill on this bike...and totally agree that you can't beat time on the pegs :D After going out both Sat and Sun I guess I just got hooked instantly so whilst working away hard at work (kinda!) I just had a look at what bits I could buy....always dangerous! All I've done so far is buy some raptor pegs as I run them on all my KTMs - and some sxs frame guards. The frame guards are only attached with 1 cable tie each...not the greatest ive seen to be honest! I've joined Berko trials club and Milton Buzzard - so any riders who want to give me a few pointers/dont mind me tagging along...that would be great :) I'll steer clear of shiny bobbins!

Thanks again!

Rob