BTC Gone No Stop.

hrcmonty

A very good question indeed ! If an English rider wishes to be competitive in the WTC they will only be handicapped by competing in his,or her, own National events!

If the top three in my view being Dabill, Brown and Wigg, went to Italy or spain instead you could then reduce the severity enough on the champ route to allow the winner to drop 20 - 30 and then the current expert A riders can join the champioship route.

Camberman are you based in the uk ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the top three in my view being Dabill, Brown and Wigg, went to Italy or spain instead you could then reduce the severity enough on the champ route to allow the winner to drop 20 - 30 and then the current expert A riders can join the champioship route.

Camberman are you based in the uk ?

Do you really want to see your country's top riders have to leave their home to compete at the top level ? Let us face facts here - it is harder to balance the bike while stopped than when moving ! Making the sport less challenging seems a step backwards to me.

It sounds like the idea here is to increase the number of entries, and that would be great ,but, why limit the difficulty at the top levels of the sport to achieve this ??? Will this really create more entries at the club level? Not to mention the scoring problems " you stopped - no , I didn't !!! This will make the observer's job even more difficult.

I live here in the USA and have competed in Trials for over 40 years now. I have already been through the scoring debates brought on by the return of "no stop" in the past and would not like to go through it yet again. We have seen the successful emergence of many "extreme sports" here in the last few years and advertisers are all over it. Why prevent Moto Trials from aspiring to these potential sponsors by making it an old man's sport? Let the Expert A riders step up their game if they wish to join in on the Champ Line ! Or maybe just deprive the true Champ riders there citizenship for being too good for the rest to handle???

Its harder to correct your line without stopping

If less than 10 people wish to ride at the current level of severity why not reduce it. In case you havent noticed the WTC and the BTC need more entries, its not just about club trials.

we all heard the "lets make it professional / TV friendly and watch those advertising

What about a test event run on btc new rules with all the organisers so the standard of sections observing etc etc can be tried out, maybe a revive the british experts to show whats allowed and so on.

With a trial event problems could be ironed out and a consistent level of observing established ????

Also if new riders or more riders want to have a go they could see the standard of sections they might be asked to ride?

why are British roumds so expensive to enter?

What about a test event run on btc new rules with all the organisers so the standard of sections observing etc etc can be tried out, maybe a revive the british experts to show whats allowed and so on.

With a trial event problems could be ironed out and a consistent level of observing established ????

Also if new riders or more riders want to have a go they could see the standard of sections they might be asked to ride?

why are British roumds so expensive to enter?

:agreed:

I would love to see this BTC 'make-over' include a real emphasis on the type of sections that particularly suit no-stop rules.

Over the years, in our own South Midland Centre trials, I've seen Alexz Wigg and Sam Haslam drop many dabs and even the odd five on flowing, muddy sections full of roots, despite them being among the top mud-riders in the country. Yes, they always win easily in this centre, but what is interesting is that these haven't normally been killer sections though, but tough sections where you can't afford to stop because it is slippery and if you get off-line you pay the penalty. These same sections can be tackled by a decent centre expert who, although they will drop a lot of marks, I've seen get threes and even the odd 'dream clean' on a section that took a mark or two from Alexz and Sam. Put those same top centre experts in sections full of technical trick riding and big steps and they would five everything whilst Sam and Alexz can clean that sort of thing all day.

Bring back more cambers, roots, slick twisting rock climbs and streams, and a round or two of winter mud-plugs and big blasts like the Colmore or Hoad - I think this approach to section plotting allows more riders to have a genuine go at the sections whilst still taking marks from the stars. The top guys will still win but more can at least compete. I reckon this greater variety of section and the more flowing riding style of no-stop would attract more spectators overall as well.

I would love to see this BTC 'make-over' include a real emphasis on the type of sections that particularly suit no-stop rules.

Over the years, in our own South Midland Centre trials, I've seen Alexz Wigg and Sam Haslam drop many dabs and even the odd five on flowing, muddy sections full of roots, despite them being among the top mud-riders in the country. Yes, they always win easily in this centre, but what is interesting is that these haven't normally been killer sections though, but tough sections where you can't afford to stop because it is slippery and if you get off-line you pay the penalty. These same sections can be tackled by a decent centre expert who, although they will drop a lot of marks, I've seen get threes and even the odd 'dream clean' on a section that took a mark or two from Alexz and Sam. Put those same top centre experts in sections full of technical trick riding and big steps and they would five everything whilst Sam and Alexz can clean that sort of thing all day.

Bring back more cambers, roots, slick twisting rock climbs and streams, and a round or two of winter mud-plugs and big blasts like the Colmore or Hoad - I think this approach to section plotting allows more riders to have a genuine go at the sections whilst still taking marks from the stars. The top guys will still win but more can at least compete. I reckon this greater variety of section and the more flowing riding style of no-stop would attract more spectators overall as well.

Your talking my language :agreed: