newbie help please :)

lee_28

hi all

just brought my first trials bike, a 2005 gas gas txt pro 250, just wondering what 2 stroke oil is best to mix in?

also ( coming from a mx back ground ) i used to run my bikes on 125ml to 5L petrol would this be suitable???

thanks

lee

Hi mate, I also have a 250 txt pro 2005,I run mine on Putoline TT trials pro @ 80:1. thats 63 ml of oil to 5 litres of petrol. never had a problem , trials bike engines dont need the volume of oil in the petrol that a moto x engine does. 80:1 is what GasGas recommends. :thumbup:

thanks for the replys, i think i might go with the tt trials oil, my local shop recomended that also.

one other question , when i used to clean my mx air filter i would spray with motorax air filter spray before putting back in. is it nessesary on a trials bike as it is a very sticky solution?

many thanks for your help

I use No-Toil filter oil because you can wash them in the sink with its own washing powder and it does'nt stink solvents do.

You must always oil your filter with some sort of oil as the integrity of the foam filters the larger particles and the sticky oil collects the fine dust. Do it regular it's much cheaper than a barrel and piston.

I run the Putoline oil at 70:1 (70ml to 5ltr) on my 2010 250 with no problems.