2001 315r

silverwood

Here's a few photos for reference....notice the rear caliper is flush with the swing arm on a 2001 (edit) onwards but stands proud on 2000 (edit) and earlier.

I think the two 315s shown are a 2002 and a 1998:-

http://garthe.smugmug.com/ADV-photos/2001-Montesa-315-R/IMG0008/710788199_dwGBL-L.jpg

http://nmtrailboss.smugmug.com/photos/625852643_DJJGd-L.jpg

Edited by HAM2

If its the one up in Thurso I think its a 2000, showa forks and caliper on top of swingarm not inboard. You'll need front mudguard and bracket too. Room for bargaining.

Excellent first bike in my opinion, as above expect to replace dog bone bearings, All Balls do a complete kit for £65 ish.

Check usual, engine and frame no's haven't been tampered with (I "won" a 315 on ebay recently but the frame no's had been changed) Owner was genuine though and handed bike to Police.

Edited by Hughesy

Hi my mate has a good 315r think its a 2001, its just had a new set of rings fitted and just been serviced, bog bone & wheel bearings were recently done, the bike has never let him down. he is lookin for around £850. if you pm me i could pass on his number for photos etc. SCOTLAND,CENTRAL AREA

Edited by mad1

notice the rear caliper is flush with the swing arm on a 2001 (edit) onwards but stands proud on 2000 (edit) and earlier.

I think the two 315s shown are a 2002 and a 1998:-

That's interesting. The design of that inboard caliper is stunning. Such a tidy design.

Hi my mate has a good 315r think its a 2001, its just had a new set of rings fitted and just been serviced, bog bone & wheel bearings were recently done, the bike has never let him down. he is lookin for around

doesnt sound too bad for the money, i've just bought my another as a present for my old lad and paid €900 for it although its a 99 model. i've had my 98 model for 2 years and had to do very little to it, chain and sprockets, wheel bearings etc. they are mechanically pretty much bombproof and i dont think you'll regret it. oh and the bracket that holds the front mudguard on is the brace. if you want to update the looks the fastest,easiest way is to heat the rear mudguard and make it more straight like a gasser/sherco etc!

Edited by serious3

is the carburation an issue on these?

I knew a few bikes with a lean knock when rolling off the throttle...there was a jet and slide kit ( different venturi angle?) but mine was happiest with superdooper high RON fuel.

I knew a few bikes with a lean knock when rolling off the throttle...there was a jet and slide kit ( different venturi angle?) but mine was happiest with superdooper high RON fuel.

i cant get super unleaded here, would octane booster help i wonder? the one i got for my old lad has a bit of knock rolling off alright

Yes to the octane booster just don't mix it in huge batches as I remember it absorbs water? (or degrades?) from contact with the atmosphere when you leave it standing.

Sorry for the flaky memory but it's been a while since I used the stuff and I know it has it's downsides. :hl: