Adjustable Magicals Fork Caps

fantic 300 pro

Are the magical progressive springs any stouter than the WES progressive 35mm springs ?

Thanks,

Glenn

Yes - chalk and cheese

I have Magicals springs in my Bultaco and they give a more modern fork action. They are stronger but don't act like a pogo stick as they are progressive. Big improvement but still have to do something about the crap standard damping.

I never tried WES springs years ago but we have just bought and tried some recently in several bikes and the outcome was they were far too soft. Not sure if they are NOS or newly made but they aren't like the WES springs in my mate's 240 Fantic which were bought just a few years ago but which we think may have been NOS lying on a dealer's shelf.

We tried the new WES springs in an Aprilia t/s, BSA, SWM and Fantic 300 - too soft in all of them. Pre-loading was not going to solve this as it would just compress and coil bind the springs.

Magicals are much better in my opinion - based on my Bultaco ride.

The fork caps look nice but obviously aren't necessary. But they do look nice....

The Magical springs are shorter than standard (at least they are on the Bulto) so internal spacers are also needed to bridge the gap between spring and fork cap.

Yes - chalk and cheese

I have Magicals springs in my Bultaco and they give a more modern fork action. They are stronger but don't act like a pogo stick as they are progressive. Big improvement but still have to do something about the crap standard damping.

I never tried WES springs years ago but we have just bought and tried some recently in several bikes and the outcome was they were far too soft. Not sure if they are NOS or newly made but they aren't like the WES springs in my mate's 240 Fantic which were bought just a few years ago but which we think may have been NOS lying on a dealer's shelf.

We tried the new WES springs in an Aprilia t/s, BSA, SWM and Fantic 300 - too soft in all of them. Pre-loading was not going to solve this as it would just compress and coil bind the springs.

Magicals are much better in my opinion - based on my Bultaco ride.

The fork caps look nice but obviously aren't necessary. But they do look nice....

The Magical springs are shorter than standard (at least they are on the Bulto) so internal spacers are also needed to bridge the gap between spring and fork cap.

Thanks ,!!! I've always thought the WES springs I put in the Fantic a few years ago were not quite right,always felt a little to soft for my 200+ pounds and I don't see me getting much lighter :) ... May have to get a set of magical springs :)

Merry Christmas :kerstsmiley:

Glenn

Thanks ,!!! I've always thought the WES springs I put in the Fantic a few years ago were not quite right,always felt a little to soft for my 200+ pounds and I don't see me getting much lighter :) ... May have to get a set of magical springs :)

Merry Christmas :kerstsmiley:

Glenn

Glenn,

Even though I'm running a Beta front end the springs ride lower than I'd like just like the stock forks did,but if I add any preload at all my 240 won't turn for crap,be careful adding ride height via stiffer springs.

• 2 months later...

Axulsuv, not sure if you're still interested but I've just received some magicals fork springs after reading this thread. They are 420mm long as opposed to the 460mm that were in there already. Not tried them yet but looking forward to it!