fantic 240/300

big_red_bike

here we go another whats best discussion! the man on the footpegs is the main element of success , all of the so far mentioned options are top twinshock trials bikes whether in standard or modified form.Lets be honest some of us modify our Fantics extensively (me included) but does it make much difference ? ,many a time a better rider will drag an old twinshock heap out of the shed and still beat everyone else . To answer the original thread, I would say any twinshock Fantic is competitive be it 240 or 300 or 200 or whatever,obviously the 300 has the power and torque (if needed) but the 200 has no lack of power either and enjoys the benefit of lightness too .Any of the above ,as long as they are in good running / maintained order will be superb. I own and ride all three.Regards.

Hi thanks for the replies, i have tried a 200 and found it low on power for my size it would not pick up again on a steep hill after shutting off.Is there any reason you find the 240 frame better than the 300 ,you would have thought the 300 would be an improvement with it being a latter model.Thanks mike.

I would not disagree that all three were/are excellent. However the clue was in the question, 15 stone and hard route, and realistically speaking with the best will in the world the little 200 is out of its depth compared to the others based on what us being asked of it.

I think you should buy one of each,a quick spin on any of them won't really tell you what will work the best for you,it takes time to get adjusted to the different handling characteristics of the individual models :banana2:

Haven't ridden a 300 but my 240 pulls my similar weight quite well,my 309 is an absolute brute though,much more aggressive than my Gasgas 280. Can't imagine the power of the 309 in a 240 chassis unless it was calmed down somewhat,then the extra flywheel effect would be nice.

the 300 fantic when it came out in 84 was not received as a top bike by many,it came across as a bit bulky,a bit too powerful,and a bit ugly with those big side panels .It did not seem to better the 240 which was top notch, I suppose based on this the 240 could be seen as the one to have.