Sammy Miller Trials Series

hrc1

Back in 2001 I got one of the first Gas Gas Pamperas. A handy bike - I still ride the second one I bought. The first trial I rode on that was the North Berks Club's Downland Trial. A traditional one lap road trial with sections ideal for the Pampera. Pretty sure I've ridden this event every year since then. Some years I

Back in 2001 I got one of the first Gas Gas Pamperas. A handy bike - I still ride the second one I bought. The first trial I rode on that was the North Berks Club's Downland Trial. A traditional one lap road trial with sections ideal for the Pampera. Pretty sure I've ridden this event every year since then. Some years I

pretty poor decsion in my opinion. rode my mk3 pamp in the lakes and dales rounds, nice to ride round a bit triky in sections but rideable and i added to the clubs income. i was the only trail bike a couple of years ago in the lakes and one of about 8 in the dales in 2010. worthy no cost addition to the series i'd have thought..

Are organising clubs still able to add a trail bike class if they so choose??

Unless Mr Miller specificaly stops us from accepting entries from trail bikes, it is most likely that the Stratford club will still allow riders on trail bikes to compete in the Union Jack round. Pampera's, Alps, Serrows can get round on the hard course and bikes like XR400's, DRZ's etc can get round on the easy course.

The Trail bike class used to be well supported but has dropped off in recent years, many favour the trail bike championship events such as out own OK Supreme LDT which is run by the same people on almost exactly the same course (but slightly longer) as the Union Jack anyway.

Pete

Please note

As someone else has already stated - while there is no Championship class for Trailbikes - All Sammy Miller rounds can if they wish include a class for Trail machines and also Aircooled Monos - but this will not be a Championship class.

For Trail bike riders who wish to contest a Championship - there is the Trail Bike Championship - and excellent events they are too - try one