Interested - Will It Grow To Be A Hobby?

cbf1000

OK FWIW forget which bike you are wanting to go for.

First and foremost decide the sort of trials you want to ride. I have personally known loads of people who have gone out and bought a bike and found out the sort of events they then enter are either so far above them that they can not envisage ever being able to aspire let alone ride at that level. Their only recourse then is to sell the bike usually at a loss.

That's genuine advice mate and very important. For example the SSDT the Alvie trial and the Scottish P65 are all as different as chalk and cheese and are all happening within your target area. So if you really want to give trials a go think very carefully about the sort of event you want to ride in before you commit to a type of bike.

Just my two pennorth :wall::popcorn:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Three years! I'm not normally that indecisive, but I've finally taken the plunge. I now have a 2005 Scorpa SY 250 - from Highland Leisure, thank you b40rt and to Garry at Highland Leisure.

Have been using it in the garden and watching a few YouTube videos on basic riding skills. Compared to road bikes, the Scorpa makes low speed maneuvers easier, it is most definitely NOT easy though.

Will be taking a few pointers from a trials & enduro riding friend and also go along to the Bon Accord Motorcycle Club's Trials practice evening.

One 'alien' bit is cornering, on a road bike you dip the inside shoulder into the bend! Hope I don't forget which bike I'm on.

Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

Edited by cbf1000
  • Like 2