C15 Trials Frame

danw43

hi all im new to this forum and trials in general,but have decided on pre 65 trials and the poachers pre65,therefore i was wondering if it would be practicle to put a SS engine into a c15 frame,what pifalls would i encounter,would it be within the rules,in fact any information would be obliged.

Or would it be better to go with a ready built bike.i know its a lot of ifs and buts but any answers would be helpfull,

Dan

Welcome to pre 65 trials! building a bike is NEVER the cheapest option no matter how cheap or how many bits you already have. if something ready to go is available always take that route.( there is a recession so no matter what people ask for bikes they will take a lot less...) Choose a bike that is popular and parts plentiful to reduce costs and improve bike time. Cubs, villiers engine bikes, bantams would cover that or as a second division Ariel Matchless B40 (C15 at a pinch) Pre 65 has builders, bodgers, fettlers, cheque books and riders which do you think best suits you understand that. Poachers are a great club decent trials decent bikes really decent folk to spend a sunday with.

Edited by totalshell

i went to the last poachers pre 65 a couple of weekends ago and i totally agree,i was asked if i fancied a go,by total strangers and some of these bikes are worth a lot of money.

Ive decided to look for a pre built bike with being so new to this sport and have just been put onto a sorted triumph tiger cub,i have to say by someone who has been doing this for a good while,so fingers crossed ill be competing soon.

thank you for the advise much appreciated