Best Engine Oil For 2012 Evo?

westygas270

wouldn't put that in a lawnmower !! mobil 1 all the way in mine always best to stick to oil from a large manufacture they have the most money the best chemists and therefore the best oils so mobil/shell/castrol/elf are the best choices in my opinion i asume you have a evo 300 4t ? 2stroke oil same rules apply, 2t gearbox oil elf is the only oil that stops the plates sticking

Edited by helloyes

given the limited use in hours and mileage between engine changes frankly almost any oil will be satisfactory.. I have had since new a 9 yr rev3 and its always had cheapest oil and changed every month. my fantic and francis barnett both have the same oil and one of them is used every weekend.

• Like 1

Do I understand Helloves correctly Elf 2T gearbox oil.....we have a brace of 2012 Evos and the plates sticking together is a real pain..not only do you get /give the gearselection/box a hard time but delayed disengagement is not what you would call cutting edge tecnology in any motor sport let alone trials.

im using castrol transmax dex 3 automatic transmission fluid (ATF), 50ml less then betas recomendation.... clutch works a treat.... that differance in 50ml of oil makes a differance... try it.

Edited by myzeneye

on the issue of clutch's.. how many other applications can you name where it is only used once a week ,when in a 3-4 hour period the engines in fact is only run for half that time and the clutch is constantly slipped / ragged whilst under load for probably 40 minutes ( a minute a section) then the engine is stopped cold water is thrown over it / sprayed and then ignored for the next 6 days.. i think i'd stick too!

• Like 2