Fantic 200 In Reverse

drongo

Just had a scary moment when the bike stalled rolled back & started in reverse, great way to get into bother as if there arent enough ways! Has once done so when kick starting a bit half hearted. Any way I seem to remembre there is a cure so can you help or do I live dangerously? Also Classic Trial supplied me a flat slide carby & it works a treat, very pleased with that little mod.just thought I would throw that in for those not sure of its worth.

This is not uncommon on bultaco if the timing is slightly to advanced You kick it up and it kicks back it could be running forword or in reverse I once saw a villiers engined bike go up a big step and hit the lip flicking the engine to run backwards with a shocked rider in a heapat the foot of the step

• 1 month later...

Hi I had this problem too, it started soon after I had fitted a new (black) ignition coil when the original failed. I spoke to Bill Pye about the problem who questioned whether I had a blue or black coil fitted. I informed him that I had the black one and he stated that he had stopped selling these as there had been a number of people having reverse running issues. He told me to buy a blue and change it. I did this and have never had the problem since.

Well thats most interesting as I do indeed have a black coil & have just ordered a blue one because I thought the current one might be causing starting problems mentioned elsewhere in the forum. As yet it hasn't arrived in Oz after 3 weeks in the post, how slow is that? But now it seems I may kill two birds with one coil. Thanks once again to all you forum people who take the time to reply & share such valuable knowledge, How we managed before I don't know. Come on postman deliver my coil.

• 2 weeks later...

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I GOT THE NEW BLUE COIL, EVENTYUALY, AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE CURED THE REVERSE STARTING, HASN'T ONCE DONE IT SINCE FITTED. ALSO IT STARTS MUCH BETTER HOT. SO THANKS TO THOSE WHO ADVISED, ALL IS WELL AGAIN.