Petrol - Panic Buying!

gizza5

I ain't got enough fuel to get anywhere near you?

I'll stick her on the next train down if you want? It wouldn't be the first time she's been sent to Coventry :rolleyes:

You're right.....Gav is about 140 miles northeast....ish of Aberdeen....bringing the stuff out for us

Bah, my secret offshore installation for world domination will now be found. Cheers Donald :P. Plenty free gas around just now if anyone wants some?

GJ :wacko:

But they won't let anyone near to get it Gav.. ;-)

Anyway topical gag:

I used to go out with a girl who worked in a petrol station.

I was absolutely gutted when she dumped me.

Now I can't drive past the station without filling up!

• Like 2

panic buying fuel . . . gaaaaar.

the issue is more to do with the fact that fuel supplies in this country have almost no margin for fluctuations in demand.

when Doris decides to put 15 quid in her fiesta rather than the usual 10, the country grinds to a halt.

I really really feel for the poor lady in hospital with serious burns after decanting petrol in her kitchen, with the gas cooker on, beside her.

There should be some attempt made to make people aware of the dangers of handling fuels.

There should be some attempt made to make people aware of the dangers of handling fuels.

There have been so many attempts to prevent people from hurting themselves over the years that I reckon any further attempts may be futile?

For instance, you buy a coffee in a disposable cup with a lid that is emblazoned with warnings that the product may be hot and a risk of scolding is inevitable should you be so stupid as to attempt to drink it? Go buy a packet of salted peanuts and be amazed that the product 'may contain nuts'!

The NHS are still up to their eyes with people suffering from coffee burns and anaphylactic shock.

I have the misfortune to be involved in the safety side of life at work and would welcome with open arms a cure for stupidity accidents as there is very little space left to put up any more signs!

Should anyone require a sign that states ' Filling jerry cans next to a gas cooker may be dangerous' please let me know and I'll quote you a silly price.

GJ :wacko:

Edited by gjbiker