Sheffield Results As They Happen

Andy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys, but now it's confession time. All the texting was done by StuartC's son. There's no way I could have taken photos and kept pace with the speed things were happening so big thanks to Ant for doing that and thanks to r2wtrials for posting all the info.

It's going to take me about 5 hours to get home, but there are some good photos I'll be putting up this evening. It was a great night.

cheers guys great team work. Heath we have to get out for a ride soon, typical of the old man to get flu when I need a lift, you just can't get decent service any more. :o What are you doing next weekend????

cheers from olly

09/01 09,00AM GP Great Britain - Sheffield

10/01 09,30PM GP Germany - Koblenz (LIVE)

02/02 12,30PM GP France - Marseille

09/02 11,45PM GP Spain - Barcelona

23/02 12,45PM GP Italy - Pesaro

01/03 12,45PM GP Portugal - Lisbon

08/03 12,45PM GP Russia - St. Petersburg

15/03 12,45PM GP Spain - Madrid

20/03 09,30PM GP Germany - Riesa (LIVE)

Was that typo, or did they have the wrong date for the British round?

And why does Germany get 2 rounds?? Just curious an' all that!

Kevin

Guest tobeee

I went to Sheffield last night, and can confirm it was a bit of a nail-biter! Close call with Fuji and Doug both crashing out with apparent injuries, but both were back on their replacement bikes in a few minutes. Every time Doug started a section I was nervous for him as the previous riders had been superb, but at the end of each section I wondered why I'd worried, as he really is streets ahead of the rest!

Fantastic riding from all (shame Jarvis couldn't quite get on the podium as he really deserved it). Very pleased Doug got it at the end, and even more pleased it was with a convincing margin!

There, that's my 2 pence worth for those of you who couldn't get there!

Quite a feat pulled off here, judging by the number of reads this by far was a huge success.

With -out teamwork this wouldn't be possible.

Trials Central WIN'S BIG with it's 2004 "Indoor on the Spot Sheffield" coverage.

Well done Team Trials Central.

Just to reiterate what others have been saying - Sheffield '04 was the most exciting sporting event I've ever attended!!

I'll never forget Dougie's face throughout the competition: He's usually a study in concentration, but last night his expression showed something else as well... not quite anger, more a burning intensity. Quite scary actually!!

I'll tell you one thing, he landed hard on the sump (front bit) no suspension to ease the landing!

Oooh, I reckon his teeth rattled a bit :o

Looking at the position of his arms on the photo, I'd say that his bars were snapped at this point. (ouch!)

Edited by kinell

Can't make it out, did the bike come round with him on it from the tall part on the left?

Yup, he was coming down off the tall box on the left then supposed to go up the face on the right.