Jitsie Air Filter

canada280i

Has anyone yet determined if the Jitsie Ossa tr280 air filter is an addition to the regular filter, or a replacement? I have one and the dual foam filter looks like it could be meant as a replacement. At the very least it should make cleaning of the main filter less frequent as if it acts as a pre-filter it should catch 99% of the crap before it gets to the main.

Sunlingkau, I think you also have one, what do you think of it, and do you run it as a pre-filter?

I haven't tried the Jitsie but I am 99% certain that if you change the air flow the bike will run rich or lean depending. The map will not adjust for this change. I do feel the top cover filter is a great idea. I don't like to assume but it would be wise for Jitsie to ensure the full surface filter allows the same amount of air as the two inlet ports on the airbox top cover.

The computer should adjust the fuel based on the air-flow for small changes. If anything it might make the bike run a little lean which probably isn't a bad thing. Based on the plug colour from my bikes they are running very rich. More air could be just the thing to correct this.

I think it would be in addition to the existing filter, but it would mean you'd almost never have to clean the origional.

Might be worth a try.

I just did the air filter yesterday and it is a horrible job. Tight space, lots of nut and bolts to undo etc etc.

On my KTM it is 2 dzus fasteners and so it is not like trying to do a pregnancy test up a sea urchins backside. (scraped knuckles and lots of rude words later)

If the jitsie lid works then I am all for it or perhaps make an adapter for the plastic bit of the existing filter and put in a cartridge filter...

Apparently (my wise dealer told me) jitsie took several attempts to get the air filter right so that it wasn't restrictive and didn't mess up the starting and mixture.

Meanwhile my bike is still starting first kick hot or cold. I'm sorry that I haven't gone through lots of angst and tuning it to feel solidarity with the group but mine runs well from 4-8000 ft asl.

YES I GOT the jitsie air filter, and have been installed with the original filter too for test, it is too rich air.... and should be another map as well..... so i took it out ...i do not like the too loud breathing sound .........

Its not that its a lot of fuss to change the filter, although you have to admit that it is more involved that others. The main point of the question was to try to find out what its intended use was, either primary or pre-filter.

To me the idea seems like an excellent one as a pre-filter providing that the airflow can be maintained, although the build quality and double density foam filter element make it look like a regular primary filter. Also from the way it looks the available breathable surface area would seem to be at least equal to the opening in the rubber cap.

I'll install and try it on the weekend and report back if there are any noticeable differences, I am also running the most up to date map so it may be a different experience to Sunlingkau as I think he may have tried on an earlier map (although I am not sure).

i now my standard bike 2012 is using dual map !!!! i brought the map switch , and my dealer loaded the x13 M1 trial M2 traction ....... for me i like it....

i also order the red racing cylinder head, and will upload soon ! yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently (my wise dealer told me) jitsie took several attempts to get the air filter right so that it wasn't restrictive and didn't mess up the starting and mixture.

Meanwhile my bike is still starting first kick hot or cold. I'm sorry that I haven't gone through lots of angst and tuning it to feel solidarity with the group but mine runs well from 4-8000 ft asl.

How could it possibly be more restrictive than the rubber cap that is there at the moment?

not sure what all the fuss is about i can change my filter

in 15 mins tops, and considering it doesnt need doing

very ofter i will take this as a positve

jsp

How please? I had to take the throttle body off, one of the side shrouds and the computer and the sensor before pushing it out the top. The air box opening is very hard to get the filter back down into.

remove both rad scoops, remove sensor from the bottom of the air filter,

take off the air box cover and the remove the small box on the right hand

side of the top of the air box, unplug the ecu and remove it. undo the

jubilee clip on the filter and pull it out by the rubber collar leaving the

clip on the throttle body. when refitting it i push the filter through the

bottom of the air box and then push the filter on the throttle body by

the rubber collar and refit every thing else in reverse order.

bobs you uncle

only needs doing every couple of months

jsp

• Like 1

So I installed the Jitsie air filter on my OSSA running the latest soft map 13 and it had absolutely no effect on the bikes performance or starting. The only noticeable different was as Sunlingkau had stated earlier that it sounds slightly different when breathing, but after about 2 minutes I had forgotten all about it. So, basically it seems like quite a good bit of additional kit, whether or not it is worth the $30 remains to be seen as it would be very easy to make one yourself.

One thing I did notice was that as it came it was not a very good fit. To make it fit better and seal against the top of the air box I had to remove the tab at the top of the filter completely. ONce this was cut-off the filter fitten nicely into the locator on the underside of the top panel an was held down and sealed against the top of the air box. With the tab in place the filter does not seal against the box and the top panel will not seat back against the frame correctly.