Videos From Scarborough Btc Round 2012

johnnyboxer

Has anyone got videos of section 15? The observer there was using stop allowed rules on the easier route and very strict no stop on the hard route, bizarre. Having said that its being picky as all the other observing I saw was very consistent if a little lenient at times.

the above video of 7 (actually 6 I think) shows how with no stop there is no difference between the top class scores but there was in how far they got in the section.

I saw many riders not get anywhere near the top of the bank,except Alexz dibs and browny, perhaps they could have pushed out and got 3's under stop allowed but under no stop they had 5's straight away.

I think under no stop you have to accept a bigger variation in score as when it gets tough the top 2 get through, usually for only a few marks the rest bang 5. This is what I have seen at wtc as well where if a section can be traversed then bou can do it without loss as can the other top few, rest 5. The only way to alleviate is more careful planning for section plotters or easier sections. Not sure how bou would cope if he was struggling in a section, I actually think this is his only fault cos when he is legs down its more than often a 5. Dont happen much if ever!

Bit muddy was it? Switch on to stricter for the top line? Well what is wrong with that?

As observer, job is to hand out points, now wold that be a count of one-onethousand, or two or three?

Edited by copemech