Gas Gas Rear Wheel

bondy

Have you tried removing and resealing?

Otherwise you can fit an innertube, alot of people will proberly come on here and go no no no dont fit one it will pinch ect... but i know a few people who have fitted them with no problem. If you are just doing the club route and not anything extreme then it will be fine. Also gordon farley recomends using them to.

I would not fit any gunk into the tyre to try and stop it as that just make a hell of as mess and a pain to clean out again.

My Gas Gas 2010 250 leak air from the back rim too but only over a couple of weeks. I am waiting for it to get worse then i will put a tube in mine. My father inlaw has put a tube in his with no trouble at all!

Let me know how you get on.

hi mate thanks for the info ive fited a new tubless band put the tyre back on took in the petrol station to blow it up and nothing was happening. the val is in but i think it was the hose was dogy so ill try somewere else. ill let you know how i get on

• 2 months later...

Or do like me - with the tire off put a tiny blob of heldite jointing compound onto each spoke nut and smear it around to seal any gaps. No inner tube to worry about, no leaks and keeps the tire tubeless. Easy to remove at a later date if you ever need to adjust or tighten spokes.

I don't personally like tubed tires, I tried a friends bike which is the same make and model as mine and sane age tite and it had so little grip compared to mine? I know his suspension could have been setup different of course but when I looked at his tire while he was sat on the bike the tire footprint didn't look correct? I.E flat on the floor.

Also if your tire is leaking through the spokes and you put a tube inside it to stop it from leaking what do you do when you have a pincture?a tire turd wont fix a tube will it? Anyone else have thoughts on this?

tankygsy,

I think you will make a mess if you have a spoke problem...

what you should do is take the thick rubber out, apply a thin coat of silicone, or even better yet, borrow some tire sealer wherever you get auto tires installed... it is better (easier to clean off next time). Do this only to the angled sides or edges in that rim, and NOT on the spokes themselves of the bottom channel so to speak... you will get some, but Silocone is a PITA to clean off! if you use that pasty tire sealer like I have, you can just put it anywhere, it cleans off with gasoline or solvent at worst even.

\__.........__/ (cross section of rim, if this works right. ignore the ".'s I used to space this out right)

......\___/ <--- on both sides of this exagerated V shape area, not the bottom. then you will have a good seal, a little bit around where the valve stem goes through the rubber and rim, Ive had good luck doing this in the past, I like to clean really good and remove any rusy stuff from that channel. and I like to drip on drop of penetrating oil while I was done cleaning on each spoke nipple, saves you breaking spokes later if you need to adjust them for tighness