Should I Put Moto Cross Tires On The Rear?

sina

Here in Iran our style of trials riding is more like enduro, the mountains we got here are huge, vertical with loose dirt, the cross riders go up much easier than we do, we tend to sink in the dirt and get stuck half way, so in my case is it a good idea to put moto cross tires in the back, for better climbing in loose sandy dirt?

By the way, are we greatly reducing the life spam of our trials bike, by constantly maxing out the throttle, and doing enduro type riding?

Edited by sina

Easy there "trials" snobs :icon_salut: , he's doing what he can, with what he has.

It will help some , how ever many times what you need is tire speed (ability to move large amounts of real estate "dirt" ) a trials bike will be hard pressed to do so.

there is some terrain that favors one type of bike or the other .

Good Luck

• Like 2

How low is your rear tire pressure? Are you bringing your body down in to the "valley" of the bike to lower your center of gravity? Other than using good trials techniques I'd advise a KTM 380 for hill climbing days :stoned:

Easy there "trials" snobs :icon_salut: , he's doing what he can, with what he has.

It will help some , how ever many times what you need is tire speed (ability to move large amounts of real estate "dirt" ) a trials bike will be hard pressed to do so.

there is some terrain that favors one type of bike or the other .

Good Luck

Hardly being a trials snob, he asked if he would be able to compete with the enduro boys on a 2010 Gas Gas and the answer IMHO is no.

He asked are we reducing the lifespan by riding flatout all the time IMHO yes