Ty 125 In 175 Frame?

tony002

Yes, beside a different cylinder and piston and some smaller jets, you don't need anything else. I'am doing the reverse thing upgrading my 125cc to a 175/200cc.

For the 125cc main jet between 90 and 110, pilot jet 25.

In my personal view the 125cc engine is good for trails and street riding but lacks power, especially torque for trials riding. DId they sold any 125cc TY with a road registration in the UK? As I know most 125cc where sold on the continent while the english speaking countrys, UK and USA got most 175cc models. Anyway if you need a copy of road registration papers from a 125cc TY I can send you a copy of Finnish registration papers. (PM)

Around 1984 /85 a batch of ty125s were sold in the UK when the learner law changed. They were possibly a cancelled order for Europe, I remember as I worked at a bike dealer and we had a load in. They were a bit gutless for trials compared to the 175 .

maybe my best option would be to get a 125 frame with papers to register my 175...bit naughty i know but maybe less hastle.....anyone got a 125 frame?

To swap the engine is not such a good idea if you want to get the bike road registrated as engine and frame number are identical.

I would not recommend to do so this will make the inspector of the technical control board suspecious, (at last here where I live).

You only need the 123cc cylinder and the piston, it's btw. very easy to get cylinders used in France, try E-Bay and leboncoin, piston for

123cc engine you get in France, Belgium and Germany easy if you might have problems getting them in the UK.

Here the Finnish registration papers for a 125 TY, (I erased some information in the picture and combined it with a watermark, so it's as shown here useless):

Yamaha%2520TY%2520125%25201979%252002.JPG

You can a readable / useable copy as already mentioned.

Hi all, looking at buying a ty175 soon as its going for a reasonable price and close to me! wanted a 125 really as i want to put it on the road with a CBT. is it straight forward engine swop?

Cheers

Hi,

Maybe you should look for a TY 125 that was introduced in the UK in 1982-83. It was a road legal model whith battery and turn signals. The serial Number begins with 13E-0XXXXX. But I don't know if it's easy to find ... :unsure:

• 2 years later...