Dibs

I did wonder what would happen to Pune? Anything could be true at this time of year with some contracts signed and others up for grabs?

With less factory rider places up for grabs then maybe there will be more satelite teams?

I've heard about this recently, I think it is totally unfair on Dibs, It is his job to ride to the best of his ability all the time, Which is what he was doing in Penrith. If Beta wanted second place in the championship, Fajardo Should have to work hard to get it, If he doesn't ride well enough, Beta doesn't get Second. Beta are just trying to take the easy way out.

I think its plausible. I wasn't able to travel to Penrith so watched the coverage on Motors TV and when they pointed out that Dibs had kept Fajardo off the podium did wonder how that would be received.

Bear in mind that they signed a two year contract with Dibs when Fajardo was off at Ossa so they were probably not expecting to get Fajardo back, but he is clearly their No.1 rider, both in results and treatment with the 2013 bike.

Sounds like Fajardo or more likely certain Spanish Media "Sour Grapes" to me. Trials isn't that easy to ride "team orders" beyond getting your teammate to try the section first. Fuji seems to do that for Bou these days. Dibs was in front and rode the sections better than Fajardo. It's more a case of Fajardo not being able to ride at that level for two days. Also given Dibs contract was signed first and he has support from Beta UK I doubt that Beta COULD implement team orders. That could change given contract renewal is coming up.

It has to be pointed out that the top 6 or 7 riders are pretty set at the moment. Bou rarely fails, Raga and Cabestany generally are the ones to get the next places. That leaves Fajardo as more consistant but still fighting with the Brits and occasionally Oliveras over the remaining places. Ossa could look at Dibs as a rider that would consistantly get them a top five and the same could be said of Jotagas. The riders coming up from the Junior series are not picked up until they have proved they can the Championship or have to fund themselves. It has to be said that the Spanish Federation do help but they don't get very long before the funding goes. Oliveras is a case in point. He gave up and got the OSSA ride as he was the only rider about when Fajardo jumped ship, (literally he was employed by OSSA on the technical side).

You think ossa and jtg have money?

Well Ossa employed Fajardo. I suspect they don't have "BIG" money so Bou, Raga and Cabastany even if contracts were not already in place would be out of reach. Fuji is contracted but is coming to the end of his career and Montesa seem puzzled as to who to replace him with. I doubt OSSA would go back to Fajardo he would see that as being burnt twice so where does that leave them. I'd say Pol Tarres will get a shot on the JTG in the Worlds next year and Oliveras will be on the OSSA. I don't see any upcoming Juniors being an option for the factories. If Beta want to retain two riders that leaves DIbs, Jack Challoner and Brown. I don't see Wiggy wanting to move off the Gas Gas until he is really back on form and Jack Shepherd falls into the Junior category at the moment.

• 1 month later...