If You Do Put Your Trials Bike In A Car ....

citrus

so say you did want/need to transport your trials bike in a car ..

assuming you removed the front wheel ...any advice on how to protect the forks

also how to stop the bike falling over ?

or is lying the bike on its side on a tarp an option ?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Depending on the size of the car...

I have a Ford Cougar and with the rear seats folded I can lay it on its side and get the whole bike in with one side of the handlebar hanging over the side. Ok I can't shut the boot lid but it's only open about 6inch I just strap it down.

just worried that if you lay the bike on its side for any length of time .. is that a problem ?

guess that you turn the fuel off .. and lay the bike on the ground ...make sure all the fuel that is going to come out ... does ... then stick a tarp etc in my wifes B class merc ...back seats down ... put the whole bike in ... no need to strap the bike in then or any need to take anything off the bike .... clearly when its caked in mud at the other end then you might have a problem .. but at least you didnt have to hire a van !

• 11 months later...

I fit mine in a saxo.. Take the front wheel off and flip the front seat forward.. The back wheel sits in the hole..., and then strap the forks down so i can shut the boot... My car is a shed so I'm not to worried about scratching it.. Thats the only problem.. post-17937-0-79493400-1377613264_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to check out a 2002 Beta. It'll be my 1st trials bike if I decide to buy. However, right now, my only means of transporting the Beta is in the back of a Subaru - either my Outback or Forester. Will the Beta fit??? How about if I remove the front forks and rear wheel - as suggested by "bambam_n_chunx"? Yeah, I know a trailer or carrier would be the deal, but this is what I have to work with NOW....so?

This is an option!

no%20trailer.jpg

Had a friend put a GasGas 300 in the trunk (boot) of a large sedan. drained fluids, removed front wheel and forks (don't remember if just took forks out of triple clamp or unbolted the steering stem)

• 2 weeks later...

just worried that if you lay the bike on its side for any length of time .. is that a problem ?

guess that you turn the fuel off .. and lay the bike on the ground ...make sure all the fuel that is going to come out ... does ... then stick a tarp etc in my wifes B class merc ...back seats down ... put the whole bike in ... no need to strap the bike in then or any need to take anything off the bike .... clearly when its caked in mud at the other end then you might have a problem .. but at least you didnt have to hire a van !

Think I'd be a bit concerned with having such a heavy,unsecured lump behind me in a car,remember those ads where rear seat passengers didn't wear seatbelts ?