Ty Mono Talon Wheel

millerme

Has anyone got a talon hub for a TY 250 mono as i have heard about them but never seen one, heard they good and want to see what they are like before I start a long search to find one

Do you mean the Talon front disc conversion for the drum brake TY Mono?

Jon

phoned talon up today to ask if they had rims there for the the pinky ,

when i spoke to the guy i asked do they still stock the talon rear wheel for the TYs had said he will have a look and ring me back ..

Ten mins later phone me back to say that i can have the last one they have in the display cabinet as they will not be making any more ,,

,Lucky for me i am a engineer and have use of a c.n.c mill and lathe so may have a go on making some spare hubs so i can do away with the Z spoke wheels

Has anyone fitted a later rear wheel to a TY mono? Just for reasons of getting rid of the unobtainable Z spokes, and being able to use a tubless rear tire. Having a disc would be nice, but the drum is ok.

I fitted a 2000 Gas Gas front wheel and disc setup to get better brakes. 4 hour job, very easy. Rear, looks ugly to do and lot of fabricating and welding. So, curious if it has been done.

kcj

Hi, I have seen a twinshock rear wheel on a mono. The problem is the hub/brake plate is larger & retained by a torque arm on the twinshocker.

I think they had used a Yam DT brake plate that has a similar retaining system as the mono.

That talon rear disc brake was ugly - only the inventor could have loved that!

Agree, one over-engineered brake there. And a lot of braking power for a trials bike going super slow most places. My Pinky has a disk up front and I wonder whether the factory went more for fashion over function at the time. Means I don't have Z spokes up front, so that a plus!