These Cast Pegs On Ebay

big chick

Bikespace I see you have bought these. They look OK. What did you think? Presume, as they seem to be as per the hebo pattern, they will fit my 2003 Sherco using the existing springs and bolts etc.

Cheers

BC

To be honest, they came on Thursday, and I had to be out the door to get up to Scotland.

I quickly fitted the left one, just to see how it went on. The original spring and nut/bolt fitted OK. The bush doesn't fit. I was wondering whether the Hebo ones use a bush or whether they are strong enough on their own? Anybody?

Easy to knock one up anyway.

I'll shove the other one on tomorrow, and have a play around the garden, but I can't give you a full report on them until end of May. I'm away to Canada on Wednesday for a couple of weeks.

If they work for me, they'll be OK for anyone :huh:

They are slightly higher than the standard ones. I don't know what effect that will have. Probably one I'm not really after at my size but had to try them.

Just about to order the snail cams as well. Bloke seems genuine enough, nice little email from him.

• 5 weeks later...

Promised I'd update you.

I've done 3 trials on the new pegs and I'm pretty happy with them. Looking on Ebay the price has gone up a bit, but it looks like it is because the bushes and springs are now supplied with them. There is also options for chromed pegs etc, although I think the original colour looks smart, and it does seem to be true that they look better with age. They automatically get polished by your boots.

I've just bought the snail cams as well, although they're black (ish) rather than the gold colour of the pegs, but I think there are other options for them now too.

I'd like to hear how the coloured stuff stands up to wear and tear.

Good stuff so far anyway, but I'm carrying my old pegs with me for a while just in case. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Steve Butler (the bloke who's making them) emailed me yesterday asking how they were going.

Not so much asking about the sturdiness, as he seems absolutely confident of their physical ability, just asking generally about their performance.

I've got no complaints about them whatsoever, they seem spot on.

I believe there will be a website coming in the near future to sell these and some other bits.

Good luck to him, he's going the right way about it, seems a nice bloke.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah yes but.....

Everyone i know rides like ****,none have the right kit and are all twats !!!

Plus half of em cant even be a***d to even ride any more cos there seems to be too many moaning old lads who spend their lives trying to be thrifty , and just grumbling about everything and covering their bikes in duct tape and pipe lagging!!

<_<

Marky Boy,

Your right about can't be bothered riding anymore. Rather sit in the van texting their mates and downloading Britney ringtones.

I wouldn't mind the contact details for the pegs.

Cheers

Booze Britain <_<

• 3 weeks later...