Rear Tyre Valve

bondy

hi ive got a leak on my tubless rim band its a new rim band but i buggerd the valve. i got the valve out and replaced it with anougther. but know its leaking dont really want to pay anougther £40 for a band. i had the push on rubber typ dust cap on ive just inflated it again. and replaced it with a plastic dust cap i think ive damaged the inside of the valve stem. the valve still screws in but it still leaks any ideas how to stop it leaking? ps would abit of ptp tape seal it?

You can unscrew the valve from its housing and fit another. Use two tiny screwdrivers and insert them into the valve, use another screwdriver as a lever in the middle to turn and unscrew it.

Or go to a auto shop and purchase the correct tool to unscrew them and get a new valve at the same time.

Edited by tankygsy

You can unscrew the valve from its housing and fit another. Use two tiny screwdrivers and insert them into the valve, use another screwdriver as a lever in the middle to turn and unscrew it.

Or go to a auto shop and purchase the correct tool to unscrew them and get a new valve at the same time.

There is a common, inexpensive tool available in auto supply stores that will re-tap the threads for both the valve and the cap as well as install the valve.

Jon

i jon yes i allready have one off them. and i did run it through the threads but was still leaking air. ive replaced the dust cap last night to a plastic on insted of the rubber on and ive just check the tyre seems to be holding air finggers crossed.