Advice On A Trials Bike

trialsguy1

There seems to be quite a lot of tidy looking 125's around for £500-£1000 which I think would b ideal.

But then it depends on the boy I suppose... Has he ever ridden a bike? Has he ridden a geared bike?

If the answer to either of those is no then I would be looking at something a little smaller with a semi auto box maybe.... If the answer is yes then I think (personally) a 125 would be quite ample as a starter. Anything bigger I think would chuck him off (depending on his strength etc).

It's hard to say when all ya got to go on is a '12-13yr old'. I ya get what I mean.

I think any 12 year old would be fine on a 125 regardless of experience as they are not scary to ride. It'll teach them a lot and most importantly good technique not just using the power. Once the tech is in place you can add power later after a couple of years. This makes a 125 very cost effective indeed.

Get him a 1300 Suzuki hayabussa. That way he won't show you up in comps!

Bloody nippers are so good at it nowadays, give them a trial bike for a month and before you know it they're hopping on the back wheel, doing floater turns onto 6ft walls and balancing with no hands or feet!

Makes us oldies feel so inadequate for the sport!

Get him a 1300 Suzuki hayabussa. That way he won't show you up in comps!

Bloody nippers are so good at it nowadays, give them a trial bike for a month and before you know it they're hopping on the back wheel, doing floater turns onto 6ft walls and balancing with no hands or feet!

Makes us oldies feel so inadequate for the sport!

:chairfall: :chairfall: :chairfall: :chairfall: :chairfall: that is so true! Edited by pindie