Txt 50Cc Won't Start

jason_s

Hi all, 2000 txt boy will not start, I have clean fuel, spark and compression but it still won't go. I have looked through previous posts about stators failing but if I'm still getting a spark could it be that it's not strong enough? People also mention testing the resistance could someone give me any figures and procedures please?

Thanks in advance

J

don't be offended but I am about to ask some silly, simple questions. Just to get them out of the way.

1. How long ago was the bike running?

2. Did it die while running?

3. Does it "sound like it wants to run" when you kick it over?

4. Is fuel getting into the carb and cylinder?

5. Are you tired of reading my questions?

Not offended at all, thank you for your interest in my issue.

1. Purchased as a non runner, was told it died and opulent restart.

2. see above

3. Nope

4. Yes, I did discover a lot of fuel in the cylinder and I had to turn the bike upside down to get all of it out... Which I thought was a bit strange.

5. Nope as I said above thanks for your interest.

With that amount of fuel in the cylinder if it's as bad as you say then I would be suspicious of the floats in the carb maybe not shutting the supply off.

If it were me personally, and you say theres a spark I would be pulling the carb off, strip it down and clean and check everything, see if that works.

It is possible the stator could have failed sometimes you still see a spark when the plug is out, but there's not enough when it's under compression. I wouldnt imagine that would be case I'd definitely start with the simpler things first. But I suppose ya can't rule it out it does occasionally happen.

That is a lot of fuel, I would tend to think flooding out. Sunk a float maybe. I had that happen on my TLR200 Reflex. Took float out and shook it, I could hear the fuel sloshing inside the float. This one may just have "sticky" spots where the float is getting hung up. I would start with a good carb cleaning.

The stator resistance should be 100Ohms between the black wire coming from the stator to earth. If its significantly more or less, suspect the stator.

I had a very week spark until eventually I had no spark. It ended up being the coil/CDI unit. £70 from GG :( Unfortunately, I never found a way to diagnose the CDI, I get open circuit between all terminals even on a working one!

Cheers,

Wayne.

Checked the resistance and think the stator could be the issue, so I'm sending it away for a re-wind, we'll see what happens when it comes back. I did try my coil off my 250 gas gas to see if the spark was any better, but alas not....

Thanks for your help and interest.

J