What Spark Plug

neilh

More than you probably wanted to know - but good info never the less.

http://www.Gas Gas.com/Pages/Technical/Plug.html

I think that article was written before the Iridium plugs were available. Ive had very good luck with them and find the GG's start a bit easier with them.

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/products/spark_plugs/iridiumix.asp?mode=nml

Same 5 heat range as above (most modern trials bikes) - IX designator = Irdium

Ive tried both the iridium plug and the standard ones and have now gone back to the standard ones. From what ive found is that the iridium ones dont last as long and ive had a couple which have broke down pretty quickly after been put in the bike and dont think they are worth it for the small gain you might get in performance which i didnt really notice. From what i have read they are designed more for high performance high revving engines such as mx bikes.

I prefer the iridium for my 94 JT25. It seems to foul a lot less than standard. If you go with the standard, buy 2 so you always have a new or clean one to install when the one in the engine fouls.

yes the standard one probably does foul a lot quicker than the iridium one, but i can buy 4 standard plugs for the price of 1 iridium.

it enables me to change it more frequently.

anyway, i bought it today. so second question, what gap does Gas Gas say to set it to?