What Was Your Biggest Trials Crash?

mickrayner

Mine was traveling in between sections. Was in 6th gear on my old 92 Gas Gas and I thought it would be a good idea to jump off the top of a bank and land on the flat at the bottom. The bank was only about 10-15 foot high but for some reason I decided to roll the throttle off as I went off the top instead of accelerating off it. This therefore resulted in me flying through the air, steadily going over the handlebars mid-air, before landing in the bottom with the bike on top of me. I put my arm out to sheild the impact and ended up head-butting my arm with my nose, which broke! But i can probably say I am one of the few to break my arm with my own nose! I seem to recall lots and lots of blood, and my dad telling me to pull my nose back straight so it wouldn't heal bent to one side, which hurt more than actually breaking it! :rolleyes:

fifth gear wheelie, missed the back brake as the front came back too far, put my foot down and forgot that I can't run as fast as my bike in fifth, promptly pitched forward onto my face and shoulder.....

hands were torn to shreds, not great for a computer programmer.....

Edited by Social Climber

Another one I had was a few years ago on a seriously rough TY250 twin shock.

Going down a steep banking turning left, the front wheel dropped in a rut and tucked under onto full lock....as I went over the top in slow motion I could mentally picture the bike following me.

As I landed I made a run for it....didn't move fast enough, the bike landed upside down on top of me, I think it was the handlebar not sure but something hit me right in my kidneys and then onto my ankle....was a bit sore for a while...got back up and carried on practicing...didnt try the hill again!! :rolleyes:

Hey Mick, Great topic. I'm not trying to take away any of your glory by starting another post. I just know that people love to make fun of how I ride and wanted to put a different spin on it.