Top End Re Build

nelly1

Nelly me old china... Reading this lot I'd say the issue with the knocks all carb related.

Reason, I reckon it's pinking/ knocking as a posed to little end rattle..... Is, your dicky mixture screw is working its way WAY out, and the bikes run mega rich for a while......could have given you an excessive carbon build up on head maybe ???

The jetting.... I swapped mine yesterday to a 45 pilot. And a 110 main. Adjusted the mixture screw/ tick over to suit....... It is proper crisp and responsive and ticks over lovely......

The jets are around 3-4 quid, get them changed before you do anything else....... Or bring your bike over here one eve this week and try my carb.

If that mixture screw is SELF adjusting all the while..... Well..... There's your problem. Order a new spring along with the jets....whole lot won't set you back a tenner..... Then runs some proper decent fuel through to try and burn the crap out the head..... It'll be reet.

:)

sounds like a plan where do you get the jets from flower

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im at a trial on sunday so im going to try it with a bit more oil in it i always use v power it is 70:1 at the mo putoline trials strawberry stuff maybe richen it up a bit 1.5 turns out is normal if i remember right ?

That is the wrong thing to do !! The way it was explained to me is , if you put to much two stroke oil in the mix , you are not getting enough fuel in the mix therefore the engine will run weak ( lean ). I run mine at 60 to 1 on super unleaded and she runs as sweet .

I did change the pilot jet to a 45 jet after advice from a friend when I first got the bike because it was running rich at first . The carb is otherwise standard other than that.

Phil

sounds like a plan where do you get the jets from flower

Ill in box you my new phone number........... Got jets from splat but pretty much anywhere has em..... Well, not asda but you know what I mean..... That place in dee side will be your closest... Just ask for jets 45 and 110 for. Kehin carbarooney.

Giz a bell cos I've got the carb pretty accsessable at the mo, bikes stripped down ready for new big boy shock spring..so air box is off making it really handy p whip,the carb out before I rebuild it.......

ok 110 and 45 jets installed set needle second from bottom changed mix screw and spring and idle screw started first kick after very little adjustments seems to run very nicely but still got top end rattle whilst out last weekend got one of the lads to have a listen to it (a good bike mechanic / beta guru ) he said yes little end but not worth doing for ages

Excellent news! That's saved you a fortune.

If you want another trick to try see if you can either blag a tanks worth of Castrol A747 or Maxima 927 castor oil. Mix that at 60:1 and see if it runs better still.

My Rev 3 is a different bike using castor oil but you do need to get the revs up from time to time if you do a lot of section riding - its fine to use for a weekends trialling though.

Every 5th tank (guestamation) I use the Putoline fully synth and it rattles when on that but helps keep it all clean ( I don't know how). Smooth as silk on Castor though with no rattles, better bottom end etc.

used it on sunday first real test with the new jets in 110 45 spot on runs great good steady idle loads of power still got the rattle but il sort that in a month or 2 got the daughters ty 80 to bring back to life now if its not one thing its another thanks to all for the suggestions and myzeneye for the jet tip thanks