Mont Mh123

gazzaecowarrior

Just wondering what is the round nut type thing (about 20mm tall) on the top of the left hand side crankcase above the gear box sprocket ? Is it a clutch release ? I thought at first it may be a seperate oil filler for the gear box oil but the MH 123 has combined gearbox and clutch oil. Any ideas ? It has a little felt washer seated at the bottom of it, Tried uploading a photo of it but couldn't work it out.

Also how does ATf work in these bikes ? Any good ? Ive got loads left over from my old Rev 3 that I could use.

Edited by gazzaecowarrior

Jimbo. Thanks for that information. I will give 10w 30 a go in the gearbox / clutch.

Out of interest, what do you use in your forks ?

Also I found getting the swing arm back on was really tight. In the end I had to slacken off all the engine mount bolts and it eventually popped on. It was the cradle engine mount under the engine which goes through the swing arm that it was tight against. It could be that the new powdercoat is a bit thick on the side of frame where the swing arm contacts it. Do you take off this cradle every time you take off the swing arm ? Seems very fiddly.

gareth