That Mysterious Leftover Bolt !

coriolis

We've all been there.....Just rebuilt my 2012 factory 300 after renewing the main bearings and I have a mysterious bolt left over!

I can't for the life of me figure out where it goes!!

The bolt is an M6x10 with an 8mm flanged head. It also has a copper washer. I believe I have located it in the parts book, but am still non the wiser as to its location!! The only other clue I have is that the head of the bolt looks as though is has dirt on it, suggesting it lives on the outside of the cases.

In the parts book it is listed on the same page as the gear selector shaft and drum. There seems to be two options for the bolt, and the number is either 31 or 33. And the washer is number 32.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would be very grateful!! I'm sure the answer is staring me right in the eye, but sometimes you can't see the woods for the trees!

Cheers :)

Maybe this PDF of the engine can help you. http://www.americanb...roke Engine.pdf

Thanks for the link, its a great bit of information.

Were any of your pals in the workshop at any time?

No they weren't but they would have done given the chance ! ha

I actually sussed it out in the end! it belongs just behind the drain bolt in the sump. Like I said, sometimes you cant see the woods for the trees....or in this case, I couldn't see the sump for the sump guard ! ha

alls well that ends well but why did it need doing already

It didn't ! But it had done the SSDT and the Scott, so it was just to treat her !

The bearings I pulled out were actually like new! So a complete waste of time really!