1979 Honda Rtl 360 From Hrc In My Shed

cp191

The pics have been removed as it is definitely not for sale, its going to be well looked after and is certainly an incredible piece of trials bike history, thank you all for your help.

From the OP, good lad and hang onto that

I would try to get an original exhaust fabricated by a specialst welder, taken from original pics and then restore it

CP191

I would advise caution with the above post !

Me too, Honda might want it back :wall:

You need to understand the history of these bikes - I don't think Honda will be very helpful...

I do ask the Sir's here what came to there mind?

If you want to know the history of a bike there is one and very commen solution: To ask the manufactor (if he still exist), about the bike.

This is the very usual and standard way to get information where none exist.

Certainly this works only if you don't have anything to hide.

First, to the question if the factory might want to get it back. No one can reclaim something from you if it wasn't taken away unlawful which would be in this case theft.

If it has been sold there should be a contract, if this paper doesn't exist anymore because this deal happend decades ago it's a pitty but doesn't mean the previous owner has now the right to get it back automatically???

This can only happen when the previous owner has given proof that he was missing this goods, if so there would exist a police report. If there exist a police report then it's stolen goods. (There is also the limitation period to consider, which depends to the jurisdiction of the country where the offense has happend).

If no former police report exist the good belongs to the recent holder of the bike.

The bike could also have been given away, probably as a gift because it was back then (30years ago) "useless" or low in worth, then there even might not been any contract. Again any previous owner don't have the right to reclaim something what he has pervious owned some decades ago if he can't give a proof that he lost it in the past.

There are some other works bike around in Europe that are still ridden and owned by privateers also Hondas.

If someone is posting information in a largely public forum me and btw. you too can assume he is the legal owner.

Posting like:

"I would advise caution with the above post !"

" Me too, Honda might want it back ..."

" You need to understand the history of these bikes - I don't think Honda will be very helpful... "

create a liability to the TO he might have something illegal which doesn't exist, ultimately it is in any democratic law still the rule of the presumption of innocence to consider. In my judgment the above named postings only create unjustified fear and are made of personal envy.

The result of jealousy and "intimidation" of the TO generated by these postings #13 - 15 is that the pictures are now gone and we certainly will not hear much about this motorcycle.

very sad ...

BTW.: There where some restaurations done with the RTL 360, and as I read the manufactor try to help owners quite a lot, also there are some bikes in private hand and as I see Honda is even proud that it is how it is:

http://www.kerloclas...p?id=63&idref=0

http://honda-automot...da-rtl-360.html

http://www.twnclub.c...4/Roide2004.htm

I hardly think anyone would seriously take legal advice from some 2 or 3 line posts on an (albeit excellent) forum.

This is called banter / discussion, the food of life. Its OK to have a different opinion.

I can think of a number of reasons why someone who might be "realising what he has got" might remove online photos.

The result of jealousy and "intimidation" of the TO generated by these postings #13 - 15 is that the pictures are now gone and we certainly will not hear much about this motorcycle.

very sad ...

You are taking this subject much too seriously. There is absolutely no jealousy or intimidation on the part of anyone. Probably because English isn't your first language you have misunderstood the ironic humour in the comments. Irony is a big part of English humour (and I don't mean that as criticism as your English is very good)

The works Hondas were developed for Honda in the UK, originally by Sammy Miller. Honda supported quite a few UK riders on the original 305 longstroke bikes and then the 305 and 360 shortstrokes, therefore there is a lot of knowledge here about these bikes from people who were involved with them and rode them.

When Honda pulled out of trials in 1977 Honda UK took over and kept the UK team going with development support from Japan. It seems Honda got interested again and continued to develop the bike themselves which was now the 360 only. It was into the 80s before Japan completely ran the team again which was by now just two riders, Lejeune and Hattori

Any number of 1970s bikes still survive and there were also replica frames made for the spare engines that had been provided, so there are a number of 'official' replicas with works engines too.

In the 1980s and 90s, Honda's policy was to crush works bikes at the end of each season - hence comments on here about help from Honda - irony

The shortstroke bikes date from '76. There were many variations on the bikes

You are taking this subject much too seriously. There is absolutely no jealousy or intimidation on the part of anyone. Probably because English isn't your first language you have misunderstood the ironic humour in the comments. Irony is a big part of English humour (and I don't mean that as criticism as your English is very good)

The works Hondas were developed for Honda in the UK, originally by Sammy Miller. Honda supported quite a few UK riders on the original 305 longstroke bikes and then the 305 and 360 shortstrokes, therefore there is a lot of knowledge here about these bikes from people who were involved with them and rode them.

When Honda pulled out of trials in 1977 Honda UK took over and kept the UK team going with development support from Japan. It seems Honda got interested again and continued to develop the bike themselves which was now the 360 only. It was into the 80s before Japan completely ran the team again which was by now just two riders, Lejeune and Hattori

Any number of 1970s bikes still survive and there were also replica frames made for the spare engines that had been provided, so there are a number of 'official' replicas with works engines too.

In the 1980s and 90s, Honda's policy was to crush works bikes at the end of each season - hence comments on here about help from Honda - irony

The shortstroke bikes date from '76. There were many variations on the bikes

Well said Woody

No jealousy here, I'm not good enough to ride a beast like that

I think the guy removed pics for his own reasons, maybe threat of theft (easy to I'd a location from a pic) or some other reason