Oset 12.5 Frame Mod

Thanks for the motor/controller leads, both are very affordable compared to the stuff I was looking into. I have always wanted more programming options than the Kelly brushed controllers I have. Someone yesterday was telling me about all the options on their R/C planes controller and I guess I need to step up to brushless to get that.

I was hoping for more info on that motor like rpms etc, can you point me to the kit this motor is a part of?

This is lifted directly from the page the motor is on:

Tips:

OUR baby are many kinds, different packaging, singlet, so shipping costs will be based on the quantities and types of pro-purchased accounting pro who shot the baby before contact with the store first estimated freight, such as after delivery, combined with the actual shipping costs Duotuishaobu. Your parents are aware of.Logistics of the baby, transit time may be longer, please be patient, inconvenience, please understand.

OH Crap my parents are aware of the Logistics of the baby!!!!

That's probably why I am here..................................

Edited by zippy

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I had the thing apart I couldn't help but trim away some of the excess metal from the swingarm pieces.

Stock: (minus kickstand mount)

5IdWOMq.jpg

I mostly cut away the motor mount plates. Removed old brake stay and welded on the new brake mount, cleaned them up in general. I haven't been doing any of the welding on this project. The mechanic at my shop is a pretty good TIG welder, way better than me. I have done all of the cutting and bending though. Just teaching myself to do this type of fab work, and this bike is the coolest thing I have done.

pqG2TK6.jpg

eKPt7iM.jpg

The rear disc conversion isn't too difficult to do. Just need a freewheel to disc adapter, it's the red thing in the pics, and a slotted mount welded on.

Fx432Tb.jpg

I put a 2mm bicycle cassette spacer behind the disc adapter for better fit.

T5PBex1.jpg

Swing arm pieces are ready to paint, reassemble bike, Done until I pick a motor.

So I decided to bite the bullet and try to order the motor from Mister Tao semi legit looking site. Item no longer exists!!! Tried using their search but no go.

I really like what the guys are doing with big outrunners over at endless-sphere.com, just found that message board, are there any other boards you know of that might interest me? Where are they talking about those brushless motors and controllers you linked me?

Those are the stock swing arm pieces I just ground off the kickstand mount and brake cable stay and machined out the insides a bit.

Still trying to get that brushless motor, using a different browser I was able to get much further along in the order process. Doesn't want to take my money but I will keep trying.

Bike is all painted and just waiting on me to sort the new wiring. Just got the new Oset upgrade footpegs in. Tasty cast stainless is top grade stuff and worth the extra 1.5oz each IMO.

h1nXwMh.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't put on the Kelly controller/magura throttle/new wiring harness yet as it is my weak point and was taking too long, Really want to shorten all the wires I can and hide all wires and battery.

Just ordered some wheels from Oset and a set of 12.5x 2.4 street tires from monsterscooterparts.com to use as motard wheels on the mini road course. Got an extra front to dissasemble to use the rim to weld up a mag style front wheel with a disc mount hub. The Avid front brake system is here and I have a disc mount ready to weld to the fork.

Doing the wiring and front brake will probably be where I stop on this bike. He is looking big on it already, I need to start saving for a 16. Still wish I could get that Mr Tao motor and some aluminum forks on it, get it near 25 lbs would be cool.

6dJbVHT.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finaly got a pic of the sprockets to upload.

They started at 420 grams. First one I did weighs 310g, it is on the right mostly out of frame in this pic.

Friend of mine wanted to try and he did the one in the middle, 240g!

The one on the left is his second try which was not as good, 280g.

8dIOo16.jpg