Brake Pedal

huski

I broke my brake pedal last week[7 sections in]how annoying,it was a good trial.Ordered and fitted aftermarket one,rode it today and it twisted and became useless after 2 sections.Found it was possible to straighten it with a pair of small pliers,what a load of c---p.Am I unlucky or are they all this weak.?

What year is your gas gas ?

I have fittted a 2007 pedal to my 2013, which is a lot less likely to get snagged on anything as its doesnt stick out as far. You will need to file a little off so it doesnt catch the frame.

The aftermarket btrake pedals are rubbish, i had the same experience as you.

I bent 2 genuine pedals and only managed to straighten 1 of them, the other was cracked most of the way through.

Replaced with an after market one which I bent and restraightened several times.

I would prefer a ductile one that I can straighten than a brittle one that snaps off. and less than half the price of a GG one. :thumbup:

I have only broken one brake pedal on my gasser. I found they last a lot longer when I don't try to move large rocks with them. :-{

On one of my other bikes, I took the old broken pedal, and grafted on a folding tip from a shifter. Aluminum pedal with steel folding tip so I had to bolt it rather than weld. It took some cutting, grinding and drilling but it works a treat now.

Edited by thats_a_five

Yeah with what Baldilocks said get the old style, because that was the dumbest thing Gas Gas did, the pedals are technically pre bent "new".

I bought me a straight shaped aftermarket billet alum version, that I take bke to bike since I got it about 3 or 4 years ago. I haven't broken nor bent it in several years (knock on wood). it wasn't cheap, but seems to be worth it.