Majesty Tank On A Stock Ty 250?

scot taco

If its a TY250 you should be OK,most Majesty tanks dont have a rear fixing,but the front mounts are the same,same rubbers etc.The Majesty mods to that area of the frame are under the top tube to create room for the spark plug.But if it does need changing in any way it wont be a big drama,its only a mild steel frame - so easy to alter.

The normal tank which you can buy on the majesty page fits on TY 125, 175 and 250 frames, the front fittings are the same...

www.trialscentral.com/forums/garage/vehicle/566-yamaha-ty-125-ty125/page__tab__images

Edited by hendrik

The smaller tank from the mini or 200 frame will fit onto the standard 250 frame and in my opinion does look good espeacially with a purpose made aluminium seat . I have an original fibreglass tank from a Godden mini frame that fits lovely on my Godden 320 . My large tank from my 320 will fit straight onto a standard yam 250 frame. The large tank wont fit right on a 175 frame though and will restrict turning and around the seat area.

Thanks majdaz,I had the TY out yesterday for my first ride of the year.I love that bike! It has to be one of if not the most reliable scoots that I,ve ever had.It always runs good,the brakes are always good and the clutch is bullet proof.

I think that I would probably get the new fibreglass tank.Do they seem to hold up well and will the ethonal eat them up as much as old fibreglass? I guess the aluminum one would cure that problem,but they are a lot more $ and they dent.