Just Bought This 2004 125Cc

danyorks

Hi all,

Complete newbie here. I've just bought this 2004 125cc - not even collected it yet. Can anyone tell me any thing about it from the picture?

I dont even know what the mix ratio is - any advice welcome (you won't insult my inteligence!!!) :hyper:post-18200-0-34252900-1364843065_thumb.png

125s are capable of a lot more than what most of us can do on them. I borrowed my daughter's 2005 125 gasgas to try a gully section. It managed it ok. My 250 rode it easier mostly down to me not wringing the 125s neck up the waterfalls. It will be fine to learn on. Might run out of puff on the bigger hill climbs. Im 38 & at least 11 stone now (not weighed myself in a while, but getting a pot belly and small moobs.)

welcome, that looks like a nice tidy bike. Pretty sure those are snow E tyres on the bike, does the bike come with mud & rock tyres too?

TLTEL

These are the only tyres, I doubt they are snow tyres as we just don't get enough snow - just a coincidence that there is snow in the pic. (I hope anyway!!!!)

75cc of premix into 5 litres of petrol, 8 psi front tyre, 4 psi in the back and 450cc of ATF in the gearbox every change.

And he uses this for long term storage because he is cheap and the excess keeps the tires up and things from rusting.

I have Never used more than an 80:1 mix of full or semi synth quality premix oil which would be 62.5 ml to 5L if I recall correctly.

I have Never required more than 5 psi in the front, even on the rocks. Usually start at 4.

I have Never required more than 4 psi in the rear , even on the rocks, usually start with 3 on a mich or dunlop(and yes your pressures will increase a bit as you ride on a normal day with use as the day and tire warms)

And although I admit to using ATF at times, the typical Sherco will have smoother clutch action on a light gear oil for bikes which is a bit higher viscosity.

You will find other varying opinions, yet this is the basis from which to start.

I will also leave you with one other piece of advice. When washing the bike, simply remove the rear mudguard with the three screws, pull the air filter and block the hole by whatever means. A foam plug works best. Inspect the filter and clean as necc and re-oil. Wash away at the rest keeping water out the box.

Any other method will allmost assure you a wash through of water and dirt through the filter and into the box and engine eventually! And reguardless of hose or pressure!

And that bout sums that up!

Respectfully,

The Village Idiot

These are the only tyres, I doubt they are snow tyres as we just don't get enough snow - just a coincidence that there is snow in the pic. (I hope anyway!!!!)

Sorry about that!!!! It was April the first!!!

TLTEL