Italian World Round 2013

Barzio this year. Had to look back at photos as they all become a blur, but it's a good venue. Last there in 2009. The Italian world rounds are always my favourite of the year. The Italians are stark raving bonkers, but they are so passionate about the whole thing. There are always big crowds at Italian rounds which makes for a really good atmosphere. They're usually in very beautiful little places off the beaten track so don't expect a five, four or even three star hotel (can't help with camping, I'm afraid), but you'll always find great little bars and restaurants. It's a ski area so you'll probably find plenty in the way of accomodation at reasonable rates if you don't want to camp.

The loop at Italian World Rounds tends to be longer than most others (can't remember how long it was in Barzio last time), but they usually lay on buses for spectators. No need to buy tickets in advance. You just turn up, pay up and ticket includes bus pass - if it's a round that involves buses.

Oh, and the venue has a pretty impressive cable car. I remember this because that big scardy poof Miller just about cut the circulation off in my arm hanging on to me, terrified out of his wits going up in it :rolleyes:

Last time in Barzio...

post-20-0-88054000-1365103264_thumb.jpg

You can buy tickets as you enter the area around Barzio, no problems at all. You can also buy a car pass that lets you park at the groups if you have a hire car. Saturday is always good for checking out viewing spots during the Euro round. Good hotels in and around the area. Good group of sections below the cable car Andy mentions.

The downside is that Italian Observers are second only to French Observers when it comes to cheating in favour of their riders and no-stop is going to make that a lot easier.

Had to get one in eh Andy ?

Yup. you've obviously never seen how blatant and damned annoying it is. It's my equivalent of your stance on Pre-65 bikes except I just get annoyed. I've never yet reached the full on coronary stage.

Matteo Gratterola blew his engine up one year, big hole in the thing, yet surprisingly he managed to "finish".

Blatant cheating or rather bias towards Italians is the only down side.

Thanks for advice ,really looking foreward to the trip , I was thinking of taking our camper van over with us.Hopefully should be able to find something nearby.

you might get in the paddock as there was lots of space if i remember rightly?

• 2 weeks later...

Matteo Gratterola blew his engine up one year, big hole in the thing, yet surprisingly he managed to "finish".

Blatant cheating or rather bias towards Italians is the only down side.

Makes you wonder what all the fuss is about if the world championship rules mean bugger all anyway.

Thanks for advice ,really looking foreward to the trip , I was thinking of taking our camper van over with us.Hopefully should be able to find something nearby.

Big area for camper vans on the main road side of the river, right by the paddock, see their website. http://www.mototrial.it/2013/Gare-2013/MONDIALE/Barzio/info-barzio/Mondiale%20trial%202013%20barzio%20informazioni.htm

Edited by jordi

• 3 weeks later...