Engine Noise.

velaen

Hello!

I have a GasGas 300 Pro 2011 that has started to make a rattle sound.

The sound is reminiscent of clutch rattle. But it comes with the clutch in and in gear. If I give it a little gas or let the clutch out a little it goes quiet. In neutral with the clutch in it seems more quiet. It looks like the bike has to be hot before I can hear the sound.

I have not found anything unusual in the oil or behind the clutch cover. I have not noticed something wrong in performance or shifting/clutching.

What can be causing this?

(You must excuse my English, this is a cooperation between me and google... ;) )

David

• Like 1

Mine was that the gastank rattles when "revs" are just right, I put more rubber door sealer around sides of tank (slightly more that is) make sure tank bolt it tight.... and make dang sure you don't have something else getting loose! like that bracket from Cylinder to Frame, shock bolts, kickstand bolts, fender mount (front).

I don't know why it would have to be hot to hear it though. So mine post is an easy fix suggestions, you could try. Not sure about has to be warm, or you just notice it after riding a bit...

Edited by sting32

I have checked everything on the bike. I am pretty sure it is inside the motor. When the bike is in neutral, it doesen't make the sound, only when it is in gear. But if i slip the clutch a bit, the noise goes. Can the gears inside the trans. be making this sound when the oil gets thinner? Is there enough freeplay in the gears to rattle like this, when there is no resistance? Or can it be a bearing or something?