Coming Back To Trials

mike_b

Hello everyone, thought I'd sign up as I'm just in the process of getting back into trials after a long break. I've bought a 2008 Gas Gas Raga which I'm getting next weekend which is pretty exciting! Used to ride a lot of trials in the late 1990s, mostly on Beta Technos, those were great bikes but they've come on a bit eh?! The new gas gas pretty much balances itself! Are these legal in clubman trials?!?!

This looks to be a great forum, loads of info and knowledge.

Really looking forward to getting back into the sport.

Cheers

Mike

Welcome to the sport..... I love my 2003 GasGas 300 pro

These modern bikes are wonderful, in my youngster days I was on TYs (80 and a 175) got out of trials in my teens. jump ahead many years got back into it on an 86 TLR 200 Reflex, couple years went to a 95 Fantic Section (HUGE difference) later got into bikes from the 2000's and another HUGE jump ahead.

Edited by zippy

Thanks for the welcome chaps. I started on a 1973 montesa cota 247 when I was 14 in 1995, quickly got shot of that onto a very modern Beta TR34. Then a 1994 Techno and 2 x 1996 Technos. From the small go I've had on the late 2000 bikes they seem epic. Can't wait to fire it up a few hills!

Fantic Section - kickstart was on backwards wasn't it?!?! :lol:

Thanks for the welcome chaps. I started on a 1973 montesa cota 247 when I was 14 in 1995, quickly got shot of that onto a very modern Beta TR34. Then a 1994 Techno and 2 x 1996 Technos. From the small go I've had on the late 2000 bikes they seem epic. Can't wait to fire it up a few hills!

Fantic Section - kickstart was on backwards wasn't it?!?! :lol:

Yep, at least it was on the correct side unlike Beta's :D

My foot slipped off that silly Forward kick Fantic more times than I want to count. I really knew it when the kicker embeded itself in my calf muscle. OUCH!! bruised of course, finished riding of course, whined and cried to wifey for some sympathy at home of course...................................... She shook her head and called me "stupid man" and walked away.........of course :D

Yep, at least it was on the correct side unlike Beta's

Ah yes, the lefties take a bit of getting used to. I'm going to have to learn to kick the Gasser over, the Mont was the last RHS one I used.

And your wife sounds a bit like mine... totally unreasonable! It was clearly the bikes fault that one! :D

Majority of the Beta owners I see with the lefty kickers have gotten used to it and have no trouble kicking them over, so it can be done. :D

Beta 4t's have it on the correct side though...................maybe Beta is giving in to peer pressure to be like everyone else. :o

All wives are unreasonable, and it is always the bikes fault!

HAHAHA

Welcome back to trials.......................... now get out and ride!!