Better Buy

wizzbang

I'm looking at buying my first trials bike and am looking at Sherco 2.5s

Ive found two that fall within my budget

1. 1999 2.5 SSDT Jarvis etd. - Looks good and clean from pics, and owner states that its in very good order and "all bearings replaced including suspension linkage"

2. 2002 2.5 - Looks ok in the pics, and again owner states good condition

Both are miles away from me, so just popping out to inspect is out of the question, it'll be a case of picking one to look at and buying there and then if it's ok.

My main question is really regarding the age of the bikes, when I've bought bikes in the past I always try and get the newest version of the desired machine, but in this case, it appears that the older one may be better.

What I don't really know is parts availability and interchangability between years. I understand that the main frames hardly changed across a good number of years, but what else ?

If I buy the older bike will I struggle to get parts ?

Cheers

The 2002 is better improved design wise than the 1999. I had no problems obtaining parts for the 2000 2.9 that I had owned for 7 yrs that I just recently sold.

But again buy on condition...........but you won't know the true condition until you physically look at it. Too bad the distance is so great.

Considering that any of the bikes I've found are in excess of 250 miles from me, I have to take things on face value to start with.

Please consider updating your profile details in case someone nearer your location can help.

A skate, sorry you are too far away for me to help, maybe other TC people can chime in to assist. I would have thought that you would have had a bit more choice within your 250 mile radius...what do I know ?

Good luck with your quest.

Wayne