Gearbox Oil Coming Out Of Breather Pipe

mickmc

Hi I have a gas gas 125 pro 2011

does anyone else have or had this problem, the oil from the gear box is trickling out of the breather pipe,

just emptied the gearbox and refilled it with 400ml, is level halfway on the glass

it's not coming out in bucket full and got a good 350ml out when I emptied it thinking there must be some left in couldn't possibly get the lot out

could it be the crank seals, they were replaced only 12 months ago, when we had gearbox problems (selector)

any advice appreciated

Hi mick,

How u doing?

If the motor has been apart, see if bolt that holds clutch basket on is one with a hole drilled through centre.

It should have one? If not u can buy a new one or even fit clutch assembly without it!

The hole allows oil to flow through.

See you soon,

Regards,

Ian

Hi Mick, do you still have the original breather hose in place ? If you do does the end of the breather end higher our lower than the box ? My 250 did the same until a fitter moved the end of the tube higher than the box to stop it from syphoning the oil out of the box. It also had a blockage in the clutch retaining screw. Good look bud.

Hi Ian i'm doing fine, thanks

thanks for your answers, both

might try and redirect the pipe so it's end is higher, see if that sorts it otherwise will have a good look on Monday, hopefully I will sort it, praying it's not the seals

thanks again Guys

Syphoning, Crank seal (right hand) Centre crankcase gasket, Clutch bolt. can all pressurise the gear box.

I found that the right hand crank seal pressurises the clutch side and transfers the oil to the gearbox with the effect of over filling it and through the breather pipe.

hi

looking at some other breather pipes on gas gas bikes, where it is attached to the bike ours is loose, where as on my mates bike it is stuck/solid to the bike, so think it might be coming from there, perhaps my lad has hit a rock or something and loosened it

Some are loose, some are tight. The fitter rerouted my clear tube that fits on the end of the metal tube up along side my frame towards the petrol tank. Lie the bike on it's side , take off the clutch cover and check if the correct bolt has been used to retain the clutch, it should have a hole through it's centre. Good luck.

when i got my 2005 txt it was hanging down ................. I hung it up by the petrol tank with a downward bend in it (via cable ties)to make sure that it could breathe but not suck up water ( a cooling gearbox/pipe will suck water back up the breather pipe - common problem on enduro bikes)