Securing Bikes In Back Of Vivaro Lwb

turbo

Hi, have just got myself a new van and really want to get organized with regards to how to strap or secure my bike in it. I typically carry one bike but on occasions could be three. Are there any racks available? is there any thing that could be simply made up? I am trying to avoid the straps everywhere sort of lash up that usually ends up happening! and would be grateful of any tips or suggestions that could steer me in the right direction. Many Thanks.

Hi turbo when I am carrying my bike all I do is put her in backwards from the back and strap it to back door using the two rear most fastening points and pull it up to the closed door works a treat and never moves

This is a very stable mounting method: The rear straps have large hooks that fit nicely over the footpeg mounting brackets.

The left front strap goes around the fork on top of the brak caliper.

577171_2701523476221_1083309651_n.jpg

I use a Sealey WC06 wheel chock with the bike facing forwards and tie downs from the handlebars to anchor poits in the van. None of the pictures of the WC06 on sites that sell it show that it comes with two plates that screw to the van floor so it will slot in & out, even the Sealey wesite doesn't show them.

Thanks for that Grib ,just what I was looking for,I have looked on line and found some so do you mean that they come with some sort of fixings that allow them to be removed when not carrying bikes in the van? thanks again for your response.

Guys, low straps like that would make me nervous if you had to swerve violently.

Don't worry, the bike doesn't move an inch.

If you don't use wheel brackets, and the straps are on the handle bars, the front suspension can compress and as a result the front wheel can slide away sideways.

I've got this method of securing the bike from a motorcycle magazine.

Just try it one time, so you can feel for yourself how stable it is.