2006 Sherco No Spark

sherco2004

Hello everyone.

Can anyone please help me I have a 2006 sherco 290 I put the bike away after an accident was running Absolutly fine 6 months later I've dragged it out changed plug oil air filter new fuel and a carb clean. But I have no spark I've tried 2 different plugs still no spark I've run a meter ohms test on the stator and am getting all correct readings I don't no if it could still be that or could be the coil can anyone please help me?

Sometimes the HT lead can corrode where the spark plug cap screws on. Fixed by cutting the lead back by 10 or 20 mm and screwing the cap back on. Not the most likely cause but worth checking.

Also, if I remember correctly, Regulators and CDI units were temperamental back then.

Edited by coriolis

I had the same issue with a 2007 and I checked all the back posts and found a heap of good suggestions. One I remember was not being able to see a Sherco spark in the daylight very well. I fixed mine by checking and cleaning frame earthing points.

Taff E

Not 100% sure but I'd think you probably could although looking on the splatshop site the plug lead will be longer, don't think there is any change internally until the dual map ignitions came out

• 3 weeks later...