From Now On Let's Just Call World Rounds "observed Endurocross"

funtrials

Personally, I was surprised at the gap in scores between Pat and the top 5 or 6 riders. Wonder what the difference in scores might have been under the old rule.

With most of the trick riding gone from the WC for now, will the lower half of the Red Line riders be able to close the gap in scores sooner rather than later? (or at all?)

in 2013, except for Bou falling (only 1 position though), and maybe Fuji rising a bit due to his riding style, I'm not really sure that the placings/scores changed much from stop-allowed to no-stop, quite frankly. I'm glad that's the case, but the new rules still force these feet-up gods to ride with a mortal straight-jacket.

With a username like "twinshocked" can I assume that you pine for the glory days of bulky, inefficent bikes, with comfortable seats for trail riding between the sections, where stop/hop was almost impossible?.....whereas I pine for the glorious FUTURE of 100 pound, two-wheel drive, titanium swathed, 60 horsepower, automatic-clutch (with a reverse gear, too), gravity-defying, battery-powered art-forms that will allow many of us to put even Mr. Bou's current skills to shame. My grandchildren's generation will see that, but not me, sadly. Someday.....unless of course the FIM continues to want to bring us back in time.

Don't get me wrong, I respect you and do I value twin shock bikes and riders. Everybody wants something different from trials. I had good times on my twin shock bikes, and locally we have plenty of twinshock riders, and I'm really glad to see them out riding.

So you think calling people at the FIM, Nazis and Facists is humorous ?

Fascists love to put restrictions on people and control them, often having impure motives for doing so.

They seem to be destroying our sport, at least from what it has traditionally been. There is more money in Endurocross/go-fast types of events, and the thinking is that they are doing this for the manufacturers/importers (just like military companies have corrupt influence on leaders of the miliitary)....I doubt a majority of regular riders want to be handcuffed by, what, a committee of 6(?) people half way around the world? People prefer freedom/creativity in the sections, not Nazi-like restrictions from on-high. Unfortunately these no-fun restrictions will trickle down to all levels of trials, and then even young kids, when getting a big grin on their face and trying to hop/rollback/stop/side-bounce for the first time on their newly-acquired TY80 (like me) will be slapped on the wrist by their father, as verbotten. I grew up with FREEDOM on the pegs. Like Hiter Youth, the kid will learn to fall in line to the authority of the almighty manfucturer$ (and their FIM stooges.) Profits before creativity/tradition, I guess that's what it's come down to. I don't like sport being, effectively, run by corporate interests, I prefer it be run by regular trials riders.

Our FIM overlords are indeed trying to help the sport, just the sport of Observed Endurocross, unfortunately. Make trials more like the more profitable Enduro, basically.

Edited by funtrials