Ow-10

bestrcpilot

Thanks but I've seen that. Is anyone in the know? Are any of these bikes still around? Or did Yamaha cut them all up? I would love to show up at the local TS trial and see what they tell me if I would be aloud to ride it. I guess I will just have to built one from the pictures on the web.

Thanks but I've seen that. Is anyone in the know? Are any of these bikes still around? Or did Yamaha cut them all up? I would love to show up at the local TS trial and see what they tell me if I would be aloud to ride it. I guess I will just have to built one from the pictures on the web.

No problem come along with it to one of our trials as we have a class for pre95 air cooled monoshocks. You will be most welcome.
  • Like 3

In the US where I ride the rules are the year of the bike for what class it can be riden in. So a OW10 would ride with the TS class, or 1970 to 1976 class. Well anyway the build is started, going to start with a 1978 dt175 frame and a 1975 ty250 motor and forks and wheels. Building a frame jig this weekend. All of the pictures are loaded into the computer and a set of blueprints are being printed. Got to love CAD input picture and out comes blueprints. If it was built before, we can build it again.

• Like 2

OW10 Replica fuel tanks have been made in Japan in the past few years

There is still at least one original OW10 in existence and it resides in France or Belgium and featured in a magazine story last year

Yes for sure the last one is in France and located at Yamaha France office

ve7t.jpg

Man is that ow10 a great looking bike.I wish they would have put that into production! I will have to seach around to see if I can find any pics of it without the tank and body work to get a look at the frame and shock.

Yes,build progress and pics would be much appreciated.