199A

scot taco

I finally had the 199a out for a ride around the "backyard" section so I thought I would post a few pics.I noticed a few things on it,s first ride.It likes to kick back when trying to start and when trying to skim the front wheel over a log it wanted to deflect off course more than my TY.I think that it could use some new springs because it sags quite a bit on it,s own weight or maybe a better pilot!

• Like 2

Looks very sanitary. I like the modified tank and side panel design.

As Chris mentioned where is the airbox? have you mounted a K&N filter?

I would place some kind of a shield or rear fender extension between the rear whell and the engine as the Bultaco likes to Transport a lot of ground debris there.

Another thing I personal would change is the throttle at the handlebar, cabels going rectangular from the throttle can get you in weird situations as the cable likes to fasten in brushes and other jungle plants. I would Mount a throttle where the cables goes parallel with the bar.

With best regards

Patrik

Thanks for the kind words and advice.A side pull throttle and chain guard are on the list of things to get.I can,t take credit for how it looks,my buddy that sold it to me did the work.I can,t thank him enough for offering it to me first when he decided to sell it.I did the airbox,wheel bearings,swingarm bushings,front sprocket and countershaft seal and steering head bearings.

The airbox is from a M92 Sherpa that I modified.I had to shorten the fender some,but I did add a piece of rubber that extends down from where I cut it.

• Like 2

Cool and there is a mud flap too, well I couldn't see the flap on the other pictures which is now visible.

Depending where you ride the flap will be OK, where I live with much mud and sand I would have very fast a pile of debris between the wheel and the engine.