First Ride On New Bike. (Issues)

paynts01

Hi Nigel,

The bike is new to me 2002 txt pro.

Cured the air leak by seating airbox properly on the carb.

What is a banjo filter as i dont recall seeing anything when i had the carb apart ?.

Been out to bike today and was wondering if my fuel tank overflow pipe was blocked ?. When checking this i found it had a one way valve fitted to the pipe and am not sure if it was on the right way round. Are these standard ? (small plastic valve which when you blow down it air will only go in one way). Not part of the cap but connected to overflow pipe.

Dropped the oil and it looked like choclate milk shake. On my first ride out on the bike a couple weeks ago it overheated and was steaming like mad. I took the tank off and found the fan wire disconnected and reconected it. Has caused a further problem, Head gasket or something.

Cheers Paynts

MIlkshake oil means you have coolant in the gearbox. The oil seal on the water pump is a common problem on Gassers. Coolant in the gearbox will make the clutch drag very badly.

That is a different problem from the stalling. The symptoms you describe sound like a plugged idle circuit. Make sure it is clean, clean, clean. The tiny holes can plug very easily. I use a tip cleaner for an acetylene torch and good solvent to clean them, then blow out with compressed air.

Let us know what you find.

• Like 1

Would it be possible for water to get in from a missing kickstart shaft support bearing ? (ie) the one behind the carb.

I noticed this bearing was missing after my first ride whilst cleaning the bike, i have now replaced it with a new one.

Would it be possible for water to get in from a missing kickstart shaft support bearing ? (ie) the one behind the carb.

I noticed this bearing was missing after my first ride whilst cleaning the bike, i have now replaced it with a new one.

Are you loosing coolant, water pump seal.

If not, do you use a high pressure washer ?