Ty 175 Wont Start Back Fires After Carb Clean

tworivers

Further to my first post, I have a 175 that was starting first kick with the choke on but then when you put the choke in it died. After some advise on here I stripped the carb and cleaned and checked all the jets etc, mixed new fuel 50:1 cleaned out the tank which was full of bits of fibre glass but a new fuel hose on.

Put the carb back together and the bike started fist time without choke and ticket over nicely. But when I took the bike for a spin it seemed to bog down without much power as if it was choked, then it stopped and wouldnt re start.

What I have done so far.

Stripped the carb again. ( wont start and backfires)

Took out the new fuel and put the old fuel back in.

Put the old fuel pipe back on.

Put in new plug

stripped and rebuilt fuel tap.

Still the bike wont start.

Lastly I have removed the fly wheel to check the points to find a broken wood ruff key, would it be this that's causing the problem, I only ask because it says on one of the suppliers web site that it is just for positioning the fly wheel.

Should I be looking for other things or does anyone think it would be the wood ruff key.

The woodruff key holds the flywheel in the correct position to the crankshaft. The points are opened and closed by the center of the flywheel so it will not run if the flywheel is not correctly clocked. Replace the woodruff key, reassemble and test. Make sure to tighten the flywheel bolt correctly. Most of the time when a key shears, it is because the flywheel bolt was loose.