White Marzocchi Forks On '04?

sawtooth

I'm pretty sure they've not been painted as they don't look like normal cast aluminum thats been painted. Will the part number on the legs help anyone to ID them for sure? Need to do the fork seals so need to know exactly whats what.

I'm pretty sure they've not been painted as they don't look like normal cast aluminum thats been painted. Will the part number on the legs help anyone to ID them for sure? Need to do the fork seals so need to know exactly whats what.

As I remember, the seals are standard for the 40mm GG forks, steel or aluminum. The Marzocchis need to have the oil set by level, not volume and for the steel tubes, I set the level 180mm down from the top of the tube. If you like them springy you can use 5 weight but most riders do well with 7.5 weight.

Jon

As I remember, the seals are standard for the 40mm GG forks, steel or aluminum. The Marzocchis need to have the oil set by level, not volume and for the steel tubes, I set the level 180mm down from the top of the tube. If you like them springy you can use 5 weight but most riders do well with 7.5 weight.

Jon

Thanks, is that 180mm down on both legs?

Thanks, is that 180mm down on both legs?

Yes, both legs. You might consider making this simple tool to hold the spring down when removing/replacing the top cap. That's a bleed tool where the top cap would be screwed on.

Jon

post-2532-0-30856800-1373828181_thumb.jpg

post-2532-0-74605400-1373828202_thumb.jpg