To Flip Or Change?

mokwepa

Please keep in mind I am poor but I do have a new Michelin X lite tire to put on if I must. I need to "milk" parts/tires but I don't want it to effect my learning curve.

Im new to trials and train every day. I have read you guys flip tires and would like to know by trials standards if this tire is stuffed or if I flip it ill get better tracction. If its affecting my lurning, ill put the new one on.

What say you about its condition? Will the bike behave differently with some new rubber? My first trial is in 20 days.

post-18493-0-40197600-1374431702_thumb.jpg

that was worn out like ten years ago absolutely no grip offered by that ,it has also already been turned , the difference a new tyre would give would be like chalk and cheese , we in uk in wetter parts purely rely on the sharp square edge of the nobbles but also depends how good you are ,,,, also looks like you ride on hard terrain you might be better off with a dunlop the x light might be a bit soft and very flexible side wall which might suffer from damage easier if lots of hard use in dry rocky conditions

Edited by zerorev3rev4

I'm about to change the factory tyre on my bike, it's a 2010 model so it's 3+ years old! My tyre is worse than that and i didn't come last in my class last week ;) but i did notice that i struggled more than some other riders in the muddy slippery sections with off camber mossy tree roots so i decided that 3 years is good enough from 1 tyre ;)

Ive decided to change it just in case. Was a hell of a job to get the bead back on but managed in the end.

I train in fairly soft sandy soil with solid obstacles but I know my first trial is in softish terain. Gonna change the front the night before as I dont have the front with me here in the bush. I do have a issue with the front slipping and washing out.

Thanks for the coments and advice.