Newbie Looking For A Bike - Advise Appreciated

99stewby

Hi all. As the title i am new to trials and looking to buy my first bike.

Up until now iv only ever had 125 road & mx bikes. I had a play on a friends montesa 315 last weekend and loved it! I've always been interested in trials but never give it a go but now the KTM is up fo sale :)

So what bike??? i only have a budget of about £1800 so looking for something reasonably cheap.

I love the look of the shercos and can pick up 250's for good money and also there are 1 or 2 decent looking 250 gassers about around 2006 in budget.

Any info would be good.

I have been told though because im only 5ft4 and 8 1/2 stone a 250 would be too powerful for me and to get a 125...

Personally i think id get used to and bored of a 125 pretty quickly.

Thanks for your help guys!

Though I would agree modern 125s have plenty go,i feel a250 would be the way to go.

You don't have to ride the clutch so much and the more flexible power will let you away with a bit more.

Easier to get a nice one and to sell I would suggest.

Buy on condition rather than make preferably from someone who's into the trials scene .

Hi There,

I'm practically the same size and weight as yourself and have never had a problem with the 250's, however through comments/recommendations from others I now ride a 200 beta and love it. It ride's as if it's lighter than a 250 yet still has plenty of "go" for climbs and obstacles. Oh and when conditions get greasy the lil 200 gets even better. Just my opinion though....... good luck

T

Thanks a lot for the replies. Il have a look round and see what there is about. The main thing putting me off betas is the left hand kick start.... Just seems weird to me!! It's hard enough kicking up a trials bike with my right leg lol.

• 3 weeks later...